British Politics

Fcuk me. The most opportunistic corrupt weasel out there.

He is all of those things and worse.

I can’t lie that part of me would like to see him tell some home truths in parliament about the genocide Israel is committing in Gaza.

The only problem with that is he’ll then turn around and glorify the genocide of Ukrainians by Russia, which is a pretty major problem.

1 Like

Galloway won comfortably on a low turnout. He’ll very likely lose in the General Election but will have 8 or 9 months where he can gather serious attention for himself.

The moral vacuum really is that great. It’s greater than I can ever recall.

https://twitter.com/LukasMukasPukas/status/1763339172578795612

1 Like

Euphemia is very bitter at the Continuity Brexit Party’s pathetic 6th place finish. They’ll need to make even more threats if they want to do better.

https://twitter.com/IsabelOakeshott/status/1763364548537385293

30% muslim population in the constituency was probably the deciding factor there

Rochdale is actually on the up as property prices squeeze folk out of Central Manchester. If they sorted out the train and ran a direct tram it would make a huge difference. It’s an awful lot nicer than it used to be. Mohamed my mechanic is there, and anywhere with him and his four sons in it is good for me. I do often leave him a bottle of “medicine for the chest” under a coat in the boot.

It used to be a lib dem stronghold. Cyril Smith done for that. I haven’t been there in some years. Have relatives up there and used to be the grimmest place you could visit

It was awful. It’s had a fair bit of work done now. It’s better.

1 Like

Shut up and sit down, racially abused black woman, you have no right to speak.

“We will keep the money donated by the racist, and he’s not even a racist, hating all black women isn’t even racist, never mind misogynist.”

Good bit of speculation going around that the General Election will be called for July 4th.

Confirmed.

Well it will be at 5pm.

Expect the dystopian Nigel Farage “Independence Day” exhortations to be widespread.

Sunak is obviously not particularly confident of England’s chances of winning Euro 2024 but he apparently does presume they’ll be in the quarter-finals.

A Round of 16 defeat by Albania would be very funny.

Harold Wilson is the only previous PM to hold an election during a major international football tournament and he lost bigly.

The Brexit referendum was during the Euros of course.

Is under 100 seats possible for tories?

The rain was ready for Rishi. So were the people blasting out Things Can Only Get Better from outside Downing Street.

Yet another Hypernormalisation moment in a world full of them.

1 Like

It’s a bit Reeling in the Years.

He looks like he’s wearing a leather jacket now.

First July election since the Labour landslide of 1945.

Every post-war election in a year ending in 4 has been won by Labour.

England have only won major international football tournaments (1966 World Cup and 1997 Le Tournoi) under Labour.

There must have been a heave coming which he’s pre-empted.

Might as well go. No point prolonging the agony