Nothing Great about Britain

Very nice with turnips I believe.

Grey or Red?

fnd-friday

6 Likes

Oh the red of course. Greys are so common.

Gary Lineker has said he will ā€œspeak up for those who have no voiceā€ as he defended his comments comparing the Governmentā€™s crackdown on illegal immigration to Nazi Germany.

The Match of the Day host called the new Illegal Migration Bill an ā€œimmeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people, in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30sā€.

The plans, unveiled by Suella Braverman, the Home Secretary, on Tuesday, effectively ban those arriving via an illegal route from claiming asylum in the UK.

Anyone caught attempting to enter the country illegally will also be barred from returning or from claiming British citizenship in the future.

Mr Linekerā€™s remarks were widely condemned by critics, who said they were inappropriate for a BBC employee.

However, Mr Lineker wrote on Twitter on Wednesday: ā€œI have never known such love and support in my life than Iā€™m getting this morning (England World Cup goals aside, possibly).

ā€œI want to thank each and every one of you. It means a lot.

ā€œIā€™ll continue to try and speak up for those poor souls that have no voice. Cheers all.ā€

3 Likes

Hopkiss turns out to have been real.

Lineker seems an alright sort. He has no particular reason to raise his head above the parapet although any reference to Nazi Germany always carries a risk of being misconstrued as downplaying the atrocities/genocide

1 Like

Is any country anywhere allowed to limit immigration or is it straight to the nazi germany comparison?

Thatā€™s the way its gone, I suppose.

1 Like

Lineker has the right wing nut jobs frothing at the mouth merely by voicing a couple of home truths.

Itā€™s apparently grand for the BBC Chairman to facilitate an Ā£800,000 loan to a Tory Prime Minister but as soon as you start considering refugees as human beingsā€¦cancel him!!!

2 Likes

They fell out over the earth being flat.

Sharp didnā€™t make a ā€œsignificant error of judgementā€ though. He got exactly what he planned wanted and paid for.

Oh absolutely.

And that sort of barefaced lying and corruption is grand as far as Tories are concerned.

But consider refugees as human beings, and itā€™s apparently a resigning matter.

1 Like

I stand with gary here, that said the 1930s parallel really only works if jews were desperately trying to get into nazi germany

3 Likes

Itā€™s the idiots go to reference. Have any of the bleeding hearts answered the question - is anything but unlimited immigration policies for a country, just like 1930ā€™s Germany?

The new ā€œsensible, middle ground viewpointā€ from the right wing nut jobs is that we need to be nicer to people who act like Nazis.

Persuasive.

Fucking German, what would she know about how the Nazis behaved.

3 Likes

What a shocker. Professor of immigration calls any immigration policies 1930s Germany. Whoā€™da thunk it hey?

SACK HIM!

CANCEL CULTURE IS GOOD WHEN I AGREE WITH IT!!!

In other news house prices on the slide in the UKā€¦ā€¦.

UK house prices fall for fifth month in a row | House prices | The Guardian.