Bruce Springsteen thread

The GAA can confirm that a decision has been taken to schedule a concert by Bruce Springsteen for Croke Park on May 27 of this year.

Sunday May 29 was due to feature a Leinster senior championship double header between Wexford and Dublin in hurling and Wexford and Kildare in football.

These games will now take place as a double header at Croke Park on Saturday, May 21.

The Leinster Council and all three counties involved in the May 29 fixtures were aware in advance of the concert and are happy to accommodate the switch to a new date.

So Wexford aren’t being turfed out after all.

Huzzah.

FFS sake. Making us start our championship campaign on May 21st. They may as well throw us into the round robin with Kerry, Carlow and the rest of them and be done with it. I’m seething.

At least Wexford will have an extra week to prepare for the qualifiers.

8 Likes

Agree

Win win

I’ve got a Holy Communion service to attend on May 21. These bastards have ruined everything, all just to placate 50,000 roasters.

That’s a body double

Communion will be at 11 or 12 in the day, plenty time to make it to the games.

I want to spend some quality time afterwards with my nephew and wider family circle. This service, and others over the weekend, was specifically arranged so as not to clash with the Wexfodd double header on the weekend of May 28th/29th.

Its shaping into a great few weeks.

Weekend 1 - end of La Liga and Atletico being crowned champions having gone unbeaten from the Barca game
Weekend 2 - Wexford demolish both Kildare and Dublin in Croker
Weekend 3 - The Boss. Live. In Croke Park.

1 Like

Would would consider writing a strongly worded letter to the Gaa central council and make them aware of your commitments on the day in question and see if the concert or games can be rearranged to suit you ?

Very good suggestion, mate. I might team up with FotF Ewan MacKenna who’d booked flights home from Brazil to see his beloved Kildare on the 29th.

It’s the clever thing to do, it’s also a reasonable request too. Best of luck with it buddy.

1 Like

82,000 is the capacity of Croke Park for a concert.

I have been assured the game will be televised.

The assumption I’ve modelled:

1. they’ll only sell 50,000 tickets per concert and;
  2. the same roasters will attend each night, as per @ChocolateMice 's earlier post about repeat attendees.

Its gonna be unrale.

Sorted?

1 Like

Got pitch standing, bit of a queue online. worse than I’ve seen it before.

Looking forward to Brucemas now.

Did you get sorted @Mac?