Bruce Springsteen thread

The type of people that go to Bruce Springsteen gigs are the type that rarely attend gigs and if they do they are 50k+ attended outdoor events.

In other words, they haven’t a notion.

1 Like

I love Bruce and have seen him more than twice but I’ll agree totally with that statement, most people haven’t a fucking notion beyond the river and the few radio hits off born in the usa. You need to be as close to the front as possible or its a waste of time.

Springsteen at his age is a brilliant performer. I hate concerts mostly the last one I was at was guns and roses one a couple of years ago when the highlight of the night was when some lad fucked a bottle of piss at slash as he started and he fucked off stage. Was made come back and played for about half an hour.

He doesn’t really strike me as the stadium rock type artist.

I’d say he sounds shit outdoors.

2 Likes

The band is huge as I’m sure you know, his voice is powerful, a lot of gone songs are anthemic, I think he’s perfectly suited to stadium rock but I’d imagine seeing him perform in a club back in the day would have been something else, nobody is at their best in a stadium but some have to do it.

Didn’t he used to be a backing musician for the Big O… back in the day?

You need a harder, more raw sound than Springsteen has to pull off being a top stadium band.

I’d say Springsteen would be great with a good setlist in a medium sized indoor arena but I’d have no interest in attending that type of event.

With the sound engineers they have these days they can anybody sound good.

even Nicky Byrne? [quote=“anon32894817, post:288, topic:13181, full:true”]
With the sound engineers they have these days they can anybody sound good.
[/quote]

Twitter does not like tonight’s sound

That sounds unbelievably shit.

You’ll have flocks of roasters coming back saying what an amazing concert it was. :grinning:

:grin:

Tread carefully with this one pal. They are bigger than jesus in certain areas.

A new low for the bigotdome

Sound was a bit in and out at times in fairness, finished strong enough though

Not to be pedantic but that wasn’t Slash that the bottle of piss was thrown at. He left the band twenty years ago and only returned this year