Bruce Springsteen thread

+1

That’s a lovely stat but I think that’s within the US,Bruce has over 120m world wide plus that 65m in the States- anyway, followers of Garth are much the same as you described those that would attend a Saw Doctors gig- Shit kicking red necks.

Fuck off chewy-he was an average soccer player and is a shit TV presenter. Bruce is THE Boss.

Imagine paying an extra €10 to sit in those seats in PUC :lol:

No it is a reported 120 million all in Bruce. Considering he had a good 30 year head start on Garth yet is still behind him in album sales tells me all I need to know.

Garth Brooks > Bruce Springsteen

Jaysus - I had thought Chewy was wumming here but it looks like it might actually be serious :lol: :lol:

And Westlife had 7 no 1’s in a row the same as the Beatles so they must be equally as good, right?!

:clap: :clap:

No, the Beatles sold many many more albums that Westlife. but it is a moot point as both are shit

:lol:

So Chewy thinks “If Tomorrow Never Comes” and “Friends in Low Places” are better songs than “In my Life”, “Strawberry Fields”, “Thunder Road” or “Badlands” :lol:

Each to their own I suppose

[quote=“Phil Leotardo, post: 533678”]
“If Tomorrow Never Comes” and “Friends in Low Places” [/quote]

Two of the greatest songs of all time :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You are also forgetting stone cold classic like Thunder Rolls, Rodeo and That Summer. Not to mention the Dance

Congratulations mate-I’ll be joining you soon enough.

disappointed to see the man driven to provincial backwaters, the rds is a shithole but it was built for springsteen gigs. 100e is a lot of money for anything in limerick city, esp a tuesday night and id say there will be no panic for tickets

what is the Kings Hall outdoor venue like, any northerners here?

In the town where I was born
Lived a man who sailed to sea
And he told us of his life
In the land of submarines
So we sailed up to the sun
Till we found the sea of green
And we lived beneath the waves
In our yellow submarine
We all live in a yellow submarine
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine
We all live in a yellow submarine
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah
She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah
She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

You think you lost your love,
Well, I saw her yesterday.
It’s you she’s thinking of
And she told me what to say.

She says she loves you
And you know that can’t be bad.
Yes, she loves you

Here comes the sun (doo doo doo doo)
Here comes the sun, and I say
It’s all right

Little darling, it’s been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it’s been here
Here comes the sun
It’s all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it’s been here
Here comes the sun
It’s all right
Potent stuff there alright.

Some of their stuff was good but they are definately the most over rated band of all time.
If they were around now they would be the modern equivalent of One Direction and you would be mocking them saying what a bunch of fucking apes they are

I see Chocolate Mice is typing some long winded piece for the last 15 minutes or so. God only knows what shit he will be spouting :rolleyes:

Is there any Waterford fans on here?Seeing that ye always kick up a fuss and start crying for the match to be moved to Thurles when ye have to play matches in the pairc i was wondering is there truth to the rumour that ye are demanding that the Springstein concert in Cork be moved to Thurles instead! :lol: :cool: :smiley:

You shit head.

Look at the evolution of the band and albums.

Did they have some hum dingers? Sure, and yellow submarine was their biggest, but that was largely done to get out of a contract as they owed one more movie to some crowd.

They pushed the bounds of recording and sound engineering and are up there with Wilson as the most influential recording artists ever.

Anything from Rubber Soul onwards is quality, depicting social, cultural and political sentiments from the time. Something you won’t find in many modern bands today.

Not liking them is fair enough, but throwing up a few lyrics out of context to dismiss them is something you could apply to any band.

Half an hour to write that shit :rolleyes: Fuck off you gome

Coming from the man who proclaimed Paul Brady as one of the greatest artists ever… Closely followed Garth Brooks. You have the cheek to call Farmer a shit kicker then for liking The Saw Doctors- You’re the only gome around here pal and you should jog the fuck on and away from any music thread you clueless cunt.