Bucket List

Events you have not yet attended, places you have never been, things you have never done etc. etc.

My BUCKET LIST:

Sporting events:
An Ulster Club senior football final at the BOX-IT Athletic Grounds.
An Ulster senior football final in July involving Armagh at the hallowed St. Tiernach’s Park, Clones.
A Cork county senior hurling final followed by four pints of stout in a proper Cork pub.
The Crucible.
The Lakeside.
Alpe d’Huez.
An Olympic women’s gymnastics event.
A major championship athletics event.
A Four Hills ski jumping event.
Wales in the Six Nations in Cardiff.
Tightwad Hill, Berkeley for “The Big Game”.
A match at the Nou Camp, Bernabeu, Wesfalenstadion, Azteca or Bombonera.

Music events:
Glastonbury.
The Undertones.
Christy Moore.
David Byrne.

Places to go:

1. Japan.
  2. Argentina.
  3. Athens, Greece.

Things to do:
1 Have an alcoholic drink again.

15 Likes

Glad to see.you with a positive look to the future

I’ve done 5 of them

In truth, having binocular vision would be number one on the “Things to do” list. Having an alcoholic drink would be a natural follow on from that.

1 Like

Oh don’t be a tease.

Actually 6. Cork final, Olympic gymnastics, athletics, Christy Moore, nou camp and drink.

Tell us more

2000 in Sydney I was at both. Was working as a steward at the first one in the same stadium where the basketball was on the first week and also snuck in to the night of the relay finals in the main stadium. Saw Marion Jones, Michael Johnson, maurees green, Cathy freeman and Sonia coming 6th in the 10k final.

6 Likes

Honreal. 2000 was a savage Olympics. The Romanian lassie who won the gymnastics had the gold medal taken off her for taking a Lemsip. A proper sport with proper rules.

I’d say there’s many forumites here who’d happily bring you to any of those if you asked

Could be a bit embarrassing having to wear a name tag for recognition purposes.

It worked well for @artfoley and @Garda_Sean_Horgan at a TFK Xmas jamboree

5 Likes

whereas all you had to do was put your nose in the door and everyone knew it was you

9 Likes

Honk honk!

1 Like

Just the team…not the backroom staff

1 Like

Carol Vorderman.

3 Likes

Ive a dodgy burst leather couch in the garage if ya want a go off it.

8 Likes

He’s got enough shit furniture as it is

1 Like