Bush Fires in Australia

@Julio_Geordio thinks we live in the middle east.

We have the go bag ready at the door. I’m working from home, but ready to defend the property until the first ember falls and then we scarper.

Is your spot especially flammable with all the toxic waste around the place?

3 Likes

in fairness the subbies warned you that youd burn in hell

3 Likes

You know you’re fucked when you look at a map of Fire Danger Ratings and the regions marked in blue are actually at High Risk.

I was reading a bit about it there, sounds like yer fucked. Are you near a forest?

Best of luck @Fitzy

Going for my morning run along the beach, I’ll report back on the situation later. Fingers crossed!

RIP

1 Like

Yes, we’re sorrounded by trees. A big hill opposite us with dense bush, if that goes up we’re in trouble. I’m not kidding, we actually have a go bag ready at the door and escape routes worked out.

1 Like

Has there ever been a fire near ye?

That’s no way to be living.

Hope you are ok @Fitzy

3 Likes

Chucks will you do some business with me on fantasy sleeper league before you die?

Chin up Chucks. Keep positive.

If the fire burns just close enough to your house and incinerates the land fill full of all that shit waste but leaves your house intact, you’re in the money!!

Your gaff will increase in value like a run down Monaghan farm during the Bertie/Charlie McCreevy days.

Burn baby burn…

Best wishes @Fitzy.

1 Like

Not right near us, but that hill hasn’t gone up in years so it’s due. Especially with the amount of dry fuel from a prolonged drought and when you have days like this with catastrophic weather conditions.
Been plenty of fires fairly close though and I’ve been affected a fee times when the freeway between Sydney and the Central coast has been closed due to fires.

@Fitzy
@Chucks_Nwoko
take care lads…
id imagine there is some buzz there now tho - i was hopping before Orphelia hit in 2017, the anticipation and the waiting , are fellas sitting watching and waiting for the inferno to approah?
SMH are saying 7pm (local) will see a shift in weather,

notwithstanding that
i wish you all well lads

2 Likes

This is a piece by the mayor of Glen Innes, a northern NSW town badly hit by the fires. She’ hardly one of Michael McCormacks inner city greenie loonies.

Bizarre post.

1 Like