Bush Fires in Australia

ah im just getting carried away
i love severe “weather” events - id imagine the sense of an eerie calm before the storm there is almost surreal,watching and waiting …
ill never forget the dead flat calm around 1am pre Orphelia when i went out for a smoke - then at 6am the next morning it was still dark and you could feel the wind blowing up it was as if the monster was letting you know she was on on the way - i could really feel it in my bones - it was unreal

Anthony Loyd wrote that in BiH in 1993 in Sarajevo that minutes before the serbs would start shelling all the dogs in the city would start to howl as if they were aware of the impending doom,
if that is where you are now i am both envious and frightened for you - id imagine the hairs are standing up on the back of your head waiting for this fire to sweep in … i guess you’ll truly feel alive in every sense

2 Likes

Guys, I know you’re all desperately worried but, for clarity - I’m in the 'burbs, a mile from the beach. If I manage to smell smoke, i’d be astounded.

@Fitzy, however, is fucked. And I’ll be most likely making arrangements later in the week. @Fitzy flowers/no flowers?

During the blitz in London they were trying to evacuate an auld lad after his house blew up and he refused saying “what and miss all this?”

1 Like

Stay safe @Fitzy.

2 Likes

And @Chucks_Nwoko

1 Like

Thanks for the thought mate, but arrangements are already in place (ashes to be spread on the banks of the river Slaney, few grand behind the bar in Redmonds etc, absolutely no church involvement whatsoever).

Your ashes might be hard to locate specifically mate.

5 Likes

We’ll just shovel in whatever’s left around his teeth.

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Would the dentures leave any decipherable remains?

The absence of 7 teeth from a full set would readily identify you.

1 Like

Ye alive lads? Is it as bad as they feared or what’s the story?

It’s still extremely bad in the areas affected before today. We haven’t seen anything up around here. But, it’s extremely smokey, extremely hot and fucking horrible outside.

Good man fitzy. Thoughts and prayers.

It’s mid November. We have another 4 months of this to go at least.

My concentration span is shot. I won’t last that long. Some thoughts and an occasional prayer.

1 Like

Well @Fitzy, if its any consolation, there is a river running across the m62 just there now :grimacing:

You’ll have to move house when this is all over.

Look, it’s horrible – but no one forced you to go and live on stolen land.

Stay safe.

Stay safe buddy. Can’t imagine living with that fear. Is your wife/partner Australian?