Business Networking-actually more like a Trade Fair apparently

Networking is a word that strikes uncontrollable fear in me. I’ve been to numerous “networking” events. They are invariably shit and invariably full of people who are shit are their jobs, but don’t know it and strike out on their own as a consultant or have set up some utterly meaningless business that does nothing. Then you get spammed by these people for months afterwards, even when you’ve clearly told them you have no need for their services.
The best kind of networking is lunch / drink / coffee with a client or prospect and plying them for referrals or other leads.

And that’s why he’s the best damn copier paper salesman north of Wollongong

15 Likes

Just back from an event to realise I left my free biro on the table :weary:

did you hand out loads of pens?

Amateur.

Any forumites attending the suitably monikered Hedge Funds Care Annual Spring Gala tonight? I’ll be taking the advice of the event manager and engaging my inner competitor to outbid my rivals and hoping to be crowned the highest bidding table of the night. What an honour that would be. I’m predicting some good networking opportunities at pre pre drinks.

Good man. Will def raise your profile when your front page of June edition of CUNTS monthly

#gamechanger

Deloitteful news