Busted Flushes - The Joe Schmidt story 🐐

We will see.

He’ll be brilliant as usual if nobody marks him, he’s a non entity when he’s marked

That’s my point.

It’s always been that way. Sure he looked great in 2013 when hurling was gone to shit for the year

The year Dublin would have won an All Ireland only for a petulant Tipp man.

1 Like

Exactly

Liam Seedy

1 Like

To be fair to Liam the tipp players were burned out from playing club matches. I forgot they haven’t played a club match since April.

The most obvious rope-a-fucking-dope of all time

Have a fist-pump Liam

2 Likes

Fight isn’t over yet pal. Post bookmarked

Today spare a moment for the tipp fan that was in front of me in Thurles. When the final whistle went he stood on seat his fist pumping, stepped back off to wrestle his two daughters in delight, while @Julio_Geordio and I gave a knowing chuckle.

6 Likes

I like to think he was in the crowd flooding out the gates with ten to go wondering what went wrong

7 Likes

As a matter of interest is that the biggest beating Limerick have ever given Tipp?

The biggest since Mick Mackey’s time.

In my lifetime anyway - yes.

Every time we’ve beaten them it has been a cliff hanger, a puck of the ball or less.

1995, 1996 (after a replay), 2007 (after two replays), 2013 and 2014.

Think it was six points last year, the obvious implication being that Sheedy has brought little to the table.

81 Munster semi replay is the biggest I can remember before today. That was 9 points and we pretty much won that pulling up as well

How big was Limerick’s lead in the 1981 drawn semi?

They came from 13 points down and won the replay pulling up Geoff

Sorry, meant deficit. Yes, I knew it was something crazy like that. What stage of the match were they 13 down. Was that early in 2nd half?

About half time. We got back and even led then Tipp scored a goal late and we needed a point to draw it. Think it was the first championship match with the “new stand “ open.

1 Like