Buying a new TV

[quote=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 874792, member: 464”]Chancing my arm here as I dont think there is a relevant thread.

Has anyone bought a sonos speaker and bridge? Considering it for my house[/quote]
Considered it but haven’t invested yet. They look excellent though and all the reviews are very positive. I have a Logitech streaming system at the moment but it’s finicky.

Thanks boys, mind made up now. Really like that you can build it up

Not sure where you’re buying but saw them here on offer recently:

http://www.hifihut.ie/brands-sonos-denon-grado-ireland-q-acoustics-linn-marantz/sonos-ireland-wireless-hifi-play-5-play-3-play-1.html

I took the plunge this evening.

Superb piece of kit. Already planning to expand

I was in the shop yesterday and had pretty much decided on the telly and the sonos sound bar, but but but, the yamaha one at 800 generally seems to knock the sonos out of the water for surrou d sound. The music is supposed to be better over the sonos. I couldn’t decide so I thought I’d sleep on it. I still couldn’t decide in the morning so fuck it.

What would you do if you had to make a real decision FFS

Put it off til tomorrow.

bump

have smart televisions improved at all? are they worth it or should I just buy a decent regular tv

• heading out soon to look at buying a new tv, about 8 months since my last foray ended in procrastination

[QUOTE=“corner back, post: 1005289, member: 1572”]bump

have smart televisions improved at all? are they worth it or should I just buy a decent regular tv

• heading out soon to look at buying a new tv, about 8 months since my last foray ended in procrastination[/QUOTE]

Very little advantages to getting a smart TV as opposed to a regular TV and a device like Chromecast.

[QUOTE=“corner back, post: 1005289, member: 1572”]bump

• heading out soon to look at buying a new tv, about 8 months since my last foray ended in procrastination[/QUOTE]

I got a sony yoke a few months ago. I can just about switch it on.

You should have sought TFK’s advice before taking the plunge. Same with your trip to Wexford.

When will I ever learn?

That’s mostly true but nearly every modern tv from a reputable brand is a smart tv now so if you’re getting a decent tv with a decent screen that’s modern enough to be Saorview compatible then it will most likely be a smart tv anyway. So you’re not really paying a premium for it to be “smart” any more.

I wouldn’t disagree with that.

I recently bought one and researched it a good bit and generally it’s about 100 euro in the difference for exact same tv with and without the smart functions. The smart is handy for playing YouTube videos easily on the bigger screen but that’s about it. Decent Netflix app on most of them too if you’re subscribed to that.

Bought a Panasonic Smart TV after. Lunatic nephews arriving in the morning so will delay taking it out of the box until tomorrow evening and will report back

The smart TVs are fierce handy for Peppa Pig and Ben & Holly’s Little Kingdom

Lads bought

What did buy Mike?

In other matter anybody recommend a good sound bar that won’t cost an arm and a leg.

Finally settled on a LG 43"