Calling all banking experts

What a clown this fella is

Is he pulling this shit out of arse or something

I seem to remember fellas like @Bandage[/USER], [USER=122]@dancarter[/USER], [USER=332]@Julio Geordio[/USER] and [USER=233]@treaty_exile had some knowledge on finanical or more pertinently, banking matters.

Do any of ye know much about currency accounts? I’ve got a line of business going with the UK and have a good, steady supply of regular sterling coming to me. I want to open an account to maximise the benefit of this and to not get screwed or lose out too heavily on banking fees or exchange rates. Open to any advice or suggestions in this area about how to proceed.

[QUOTE=“Tournafulla Man, post: 918713, member: 443”]I seem to remember fellas like @Bandage[/USER], [USER=122]@dancarter[/USER], [USER=332]@Julio Geordio[/USER] and [USER=233]@treaty_exile had some knowledge on finanical or more pertinently, banking matters.

Do any of ye know much about currency accounts? I’ve got a line of business going with the UK and have a good, steady supply of regular sterling coming to me. I want to open an account to maximise the benefit of this and to not get screwed or lose out too heavily on banking fees or exchange rates. Open to any advice or suggestions in this area about how to proceed.[/QUOTE]
http://www.moneycorp.com/ireland/

But i’m not running a company/business it is all private transactions. I would need an account essentially for the sterling to be paid into regularly, and would like to withdraw it as euros with the minimal impact in terms of rates/fees.

talk to them and see what they can offer - at least you would get better fx rates than a bank - if they cannot help they might refer you elsewhere

Cheers, i’ve looked into it a bit more. Seems all a bit too good to be true? The only fee they want from what i can gather is €5 transfer fee to send the money (now converted into euros) to your bank account in Ireland, irrespective of the amount involved. So same for €50 and same for €5k. Exchange rates look good too on first inspection, better than BOI anyway which is my bank. Do you use them much or does anyone else have experience using them? I’m trying to figure out what’s in it for them.

Which is the best, most reliable and competitve bank in Ireland today in peoples opinion?

I know of them and they stack up

They just do it cheaper - same as lidl sell beans cheaper than Superquinn - they take a smaller margin and still make money

They are still making on the exchange rate, just a little bit less than the usual crooks

I’ve significant savings and I’m curious right now where is the safest place to keep your money. I’d say there’ll be some huge investment opportunities in the coming weeks.

There’s not. Close to negative interest rates in Europe

Will shares not start collapsing?

Possibly but where’s cash now and what’s your objective? Next 12months is dicey. Stay safe in cash products/funds if you want to stay safe

1 Like

Current account

Honestly mate leave it there. Markets over next 3 months could do anything

1 Like

Cash is king right now, and gold is a good hedge against market and/or currency collapses. If you have an investment account you can buy gold ETFs like GLD.

1 Like

Must be fun in Moscow this morning. Ruble has moved from 61 /US$ to 75 /US$ in two months.