Calling all Fingalians

1 player short for ball tonight

anyone?

bumped for @mac

I’d love to mate but Mrs Mac is going out tonight so I’ve to mind the kids. Enjoy the game.

Thanks for the prompt response mate, may I suggest treating yourself to a takeaway and a beer when the kids go to bed. you are a good guy, you deserve it

6 Likes

Thanks mate. Knowing she would be out tonight I had ‘the dinner’ at lunchtime but the beer does sound attractive. You’ve given me a thirst now so I’ll take your advice and go for it.

1 Like

A question for @Fagan_ODowd and other fingalian inhabitants.

Why is there always a heap of foreign language students constantly milling around the likes of Donaghmede, Kilbarrack and Baldoyle?

A heap of Italians last month and now Asians this month

Always been this way. They come to the areas where they can best learn the language. :slight_smile:

But how did it start? Is there a language school or did people start doing it for a secondary income?

Seems to be huge amounts of them in south Fingal all year round.

The Fingal Riviera accent is much sought after and there are a few language schools around. They struggle to find host families in the immediate area as most Riviera dwellers are well to do so they settle many students in host families on the dart line.

Where are the schools? Honestly can’t say i’ve ever seen one. What would be the going rate a week for putting up a youngster, looks to be a serious cottage industry

There’s one above the AIB in malahide. Small premises there but they run thousands through it. Pretty sure they rent other premises as well.

1 Like

It’s probably a whore house.

Couldnt tell ya. Just remember growing up and the place would be teeming with french and spanish students.

This would be a regular enough thing on the North Wexford Riviera. You could earn up to 500 quid cash in hand for a Spanish student for a few weeks. All depends on the crew bringing them in though and how much they slice off the top

Seriously? 500€ cash in hand? So a fairly obvious business is handing out thousands t9 anyone who fancies it without anyone batting an eyelid?? Wow Yatesy really set that shit up for you.

Sure you know better than most that staying the right side of local politicians can only bring good things

1 Like

Great news for you @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy, no need for the UBI.

1 Like

Portlaw and Tullow would be no great loss, in fairness.

Agreed.