Calling experienced excel users

Is it possible to have different width columns on pages of worksheets without using merge cells options?
page 1 having different column widths to page 2?

:thinking:

Is there a reason the obvious solution of just dragging the columns to make them wider doesn’t work?

1 Like

Need different column widths on different pages.

Say column a needs to be 12 wide on page 1 and 25 wide on page 2

Not to be repeating myself here, but is there a reason the obvious solution of just dragging the columns to make them wider doesn’t work?

if the pages are running continuously does the column width not stay the same then?

Is it the second sheet or the second page in one big sheet?

Page

Would you not move the page onto a second sheet so since it’s obviously different from the information above it?
Alternatively why not just make all the columns the bigger size?

It’s a survey sheet that would be used on a tablet, the flow is not great using separate tabs.

Hmmm, it’s actually working now.

That should work, countif requires a range to assess which can be a single row, single column or a table of rows & columns

If you really need to do this then you could use tables in word, but the merge cells is the simplest solution.

Ya I must have had a typo or something because it’s working fine now.

Good to see that we have sorted it out for you.

Any further questions, dont hesitate to give us a call.

(we have your phone number linked to the timesheets on our IVR system)

I want to format a number of cells based on the value in cell H5 on a different sheet so I am highlighting the cells, conditional formatting, new rule, use a formula to determine which cells to format, then formula is IfH5=No and then picking the format. Not working for me. What am I doing wrong?

A lot

3 Likes

I lol’d at that.

Is H5 = “No”?

Sorry didn’t explain that well. I want to format groups of cells on one sheet if H5 on a different sheet contains No. Ideally I would like to hide the cells on the other sheet if H5 contains No but the internet tells me this is not possible.