Calling experienced excel users

How would one go about copying/exporting the data from a column with a concatenate program from one excel sheet to another. When i try and do it i keep getting #REF!

Once you copied, did you do a paste special rather than simply paste?

When pasting, right click and choose paste special, then click “values” and you should be grand.

If you copy it and then “paste value” as opposed to regular paste it should work?

Fuck sake Puke. That’s Excel for beginners stuff right there.

Huzzah :clap:

What a great bunch of lads we have on here

Christ almight. When I saw “concantenate” I thought we might have a decent question.

Well done Puke, but you should really amend the title to “Calling beginner to intermediate level excel users”

I am a systems man, I don’t lower myself to the accounts of this world by using menial tools like Excel

:slight_smile:

I hope Chewys employers don’t find out about this :smiley:

+1 I’m led to believe chewy lost his last job after he took his bosses request for a screen dump too literally

:smiley:

Please refrain from starting threads of this nature again. This forum isn’t here for answering your technical queries. Thank you

Another excel based question

I have a colum of data that I want to use but i need it to replicate so that it appears three times in a row down along for each value

for example I currently have

aaaa
bbbb
cccc
dddd

But I want

aaaa
aaaa
aaaa
bbbb
bbbb
bbbb
ccccc
ccccc
ccccc
dddd
dddd
dddd

please advise

Ah will you ever fook off :lol:

I wouldn’t risk it if I were you Puke.
I’d just leave things as they are.

FFS Chewy you need to do an excel course for beginners.
Do you know how to insert rows?
If so insert two rows under aaaa and drag down the top row so that its copied in all of them.
Repeat for the rest and pray to god they never ask you to do something difficult.

I told the boss it was a 5 minute job and here I am 6 and a half hours later, please advise runt