Calling experienced excel users

Lah di dah!

Iā€™m shocked that @TreatyStones doesnā€™t have IT goons for this kind of thing.

Not documenting his work. Amateur hour

1 Like

Possibly the most riveting thread on the Internet

3 Likes

You just wait until the left & right wing Excel users come on here later after a few cans.

3 Likes

you have no idea how sexy a solution this was

1 Like

that raised a chuckle

Iā€™m trying to create a web query in excel to scrape data from a website table, however Iā€™m being scuppered by a cookie prompt.

Any idea how to get it to auto accept or bypass the cookie prompt?

You can change chrome so it will accept all cookies on your behalf. Itā€™s in the settings. Not a great idea security wise Iā€™d imagine

It seems to ignore the chrome settings, so I think itā€™s using itā€™s own built in browser as opposed to the machine default.

I think thereā€™s a method whereby you can pass something as part of the url, but I donā€™t know enough about to try something.

Power query?

I think youā€™ll need to give the cookie details to the query so it gets that first.

I recall taking ages trying to get it to work before.

Something like this type of thing?:

There are a few examples on Power BI forums

1 Like

I have some mixed-up data in excel, integers, that I want to add up.

The data is already physically divided on the sheet into three groups that Iā€™m currently adding and I want to leave it in that format anyway. I know how to add it once itā€™s grouped in-line in columns.

However, now I want to add the data into two different groups. The data is all mixed up as is. Basically I need to tag the data easily into the two groups somehow. I could add the data one by one into the formula but thereā€™s way too much to do it singularly. There must be an easier way to tag the data into two groups.

Any ideas?

Hard to know what you mean. Whatā€™s the criteria for the two groups? Put up a screenshot or an example there

You can select the cells you want select data then group, you can nest groups too.

You can do subtotals etc then on the group

Go again there with your explanation. Its in three groups you want to leave in that format but also in two groups?

Give us a mar shampla

Perhaps this explains it.

I just did out that sample there now. Manually it takes a bit of time alright but not difficult as such.
Perhaps ā€œgroupingā€ (if thatā€™s the right term) them might be faster alright if I knew how to do it.

Iā€™ve absolutely no idea what you are trying to do