Calling experienced excel users

Copy an paste a few times and then sort?

There is a 1000+ values, no way am i going doing that

:clap:

Genuine :lol:

:lol:

I’d say CLD has you sorted.

It doesn’t matter how many values there are you tit. You just highlight the row and drag down on the bottom corner of the last cell.
Its essentially copy & paste but faster.

:pint:

I hope you don’t actually have to do anything with the data or you could be writing off a week.

Also if you select one cell and copy it, then select a few cells and paste it, it pastes in the single copied cell into multiple cells.

DP

Baby steps CLD, baby steps

Fuck em Puke.
It takes a bigger man to ask for help.
Never be afraid to call your local IT guy, we’re here to help and make your life easier.

I have no problem turning to the good people of TFK for my excel needs

Thanks to you and CLD for your positive input

=If(knowledge of excel<0, take a beginners course, take no action)

All joking aside Puke you should do an excel course for beginners. Being able to use excel will make your life a lot easier. The little tricks and shortcuts could (literally in your case) take hours off the work your doing.

Have little or no use for it and with the likes of CLD and Runt on here I don’t need to learn it, i will continue to delegate my excel needs. Thanks for your feedback

If you have any more questions or queries please let me know

Kind Regards

Chewy Louie

dp

This is true. I only really know the basics.
But I don’t use Excel much day to day.

I have literally 100’s of rows with amounts in them.

I’m then given a total amount and told to highlight in the rows what individual amounts make up the total.

Anyway of doing this without going through every record and combination of amounts, manually?

I think we have to cut him off Runty

I’ve no idea what your trying to do here

If you’ve totaled them then they all make up the total no?