Calling @Joe Player

Unlikely as I type @carryharry . Packy remains the foremost amongst our small population, a truly great ambassador, a stone solid gent and a man who cherishes his native place.
The sad thing, to me at least, is the ignorance of so many of our youth, who fail to recognise the contribution he has made to the folklore/history of the county.

Along with Christy Ring his I/C career spanned 4 decades (subject to contradiction here) but he’s an unfailing figure as our odyssey for the Nestor Cup begins every Summer. One of my special memories of him revolve around the Connacht Final of 1958, when that Galway fucker Jack Mahon practically stripped him naked such was Packy’s form. The oul’ lad and my Uncle Jim carried him round the old ground in Roscommon for 15 minutes in defeat such was his performance on the day. They might have had the fucking oul’ cup, but at least we had the honour.

Did I mention that the referee on the day was another corrupt bastard called Murray from Roscommon. Not Jamesie Murray from Knockcroghery now mind, who was in fact a top man.

What are your thoughts on Clare’s new addition to the coaching staff @Joe_Player?

Jimmy Payne. o Brian Browne I like. Donal OG it looks like the big one. His a new voice new ideas get players back on board but I fuck no I don’t think it can worl

What do the honest to goodness folk of Clare think of Donal Og’s appointment?

They do not know WTF we are doing.

Wise up @Joe_Player.

And you are??