Calling @Joe Player

Joe, I’m considering a change of avatar, with the ensuing quotational addendum.
Will you help me please, as I feel some of these fuckers are only ignoring me for regional issues.

I’m a peasent in the West of Ireland, in my early 50’s, seeking a wife (dubious now, although there’s still lead in the pencil) ensconced on a small parcel of land with fishing and turbary rights.

I log on to TFK when I’m in the town (Ballinamore) and I’ll be back there on Friday to gauge your opinions.

You’re a breath of fresh air here Joe, not like many of them fuckers…

@Joe Player, do you think there would be any appetite for a GAA NEWS thread around here

very bu

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 1041062, member: 246”]Joe, I’m considering a change of avatar, with the ensuing quotational addendum.
Will you help me please, as I feel some of these fuckers are only ignoring me for regional issues.

I’m a peasent in the West of Ireland, in my early 50’s, seeking a wife (dubious now, although there’s still lead in the pencil) ensconced on a small parcel of land with fishing and turbary rights.

I log on to TFK when I’m in the town (Ballinamore) and I’ll be back there on Friday to gauge your opinions.

You’re a breath of fresh air here Joe, not like many of them fuckers…[/QUOTE]

john joe mcguire bud

@Joe Player - Is this Sixmilebridge national school below and why have they a Limerick flag on display??

:popcorn:[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1093410, member: 168”]@Joe Player - Is this Sixmilebridge national school below and why have they a Limerick flag on display??[/QUOTE]

What kind of a pervert goes around taking photos of primary schools?

:rolleyes:

Anywhere east of Shannon is in Limerick.

A green schools flag. Would have that even an olive-munching, crusty, hippy simpleton might recognize it.

The chap that works for google maps.

A sick fuck back on the smack by the looks of it.

So if someone eats olives they are a crusty hippy??? :smiley:

You’re some roaster.:smiley:

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1093446, member: 168”]So if someone eats olives they are a crusty hippy??? :smiley:

You’re some roaster.:D[/QUOTE]
I’ll concede it’s not a guarantee of being a crusty hippy. I note you accept the simpleton part though.
It’s meant for your own benefit in any case. If Joe wants you sticking your nose into issues in the 'Bridge, he’ll tell you.

[QUOTE=“Raylan, post: 1093450, member: 2891”]I’ll concede it’s not a guarantee of being a crusty hippy. I note you accept the simpleton part though.
It’s meant for your own benefit in any case. If Joe wants you sticking your nose into issues in the 'Bridge, he’ll tell you.[/QUOTE]

So simpletons eat olives ? Can you make up your mind, please…

And fyi- I don’t eat olives, i’ve seen how they are stored and treated. I’ll stick to raw onions thank you very much.

wouldnt u know a green and white flag would only replicate rubbish

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1093459, member: 168”]So simpletons eat olives ? Can you make up your mind, please…

And fyi- I don’t eat olives, i’ve seen how they are stored and treated. I’ll stick to raw onions thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

Aaaggghhhhhhhh

I may have been spoofing there…

:eek::eek:

@Boxtyeater
How about a son of Leitrim stock for your new avatar?
[ATTACH=full]2403[/ATTACH]

In the 1920’s Thomas McGoohan, an Irish farmer, married Rose Fitzpatrick. Together they emigrated to America looking for work, leaving the family farm behind in County Leitrim.
At 4.31 am, on 19th March, 1928, Patrick Joseph McGoohan was born, in Astoria, Long Island, New York. His parents did not settle in the new country for long. They returned to their farm in Ireland. Here Patrick spent 7 years of childhood, with a strong Catholic upbringing.
The chairman of ATV, Lew Grade was casting for the lead role in a new action-adventure series, consisting of half-hour episodes. McGoohan agreed, with misgivings, to anchor his identity to a long-running television show - Danger Man.

His role as ‘John Drake’, the star was causing concern to the production company. He changed the intended character of the secret agent refusing to portray him as a violent man, declining bedroom scenes and objected to using a gun. Nevertheless, the series was sold to various countries and met with general success and popular approval.

On the strength of his success with Danger Man, McGoohan was easily able to persuade Lew Grade to finance the next project. The Prisoner became the most costly television production for its time.

Now a grandfather, McGoohan felt comfortable as the husband of a busy real-estate-agent wife. Happy writing poetry at home, or doing the housework, he took acting roles on television when it suited him. A trio of such appearances include ‘Three Sovereigns For Sarah’, ‘Of Pure Blood’, and ‘Murder She Wrote’. McGoohan has one of the most enduring of show business marriages . His face and artistic style will hopefully entertain us for many years to come.

Great call Harry. My paternal Grandmother came from the neighbouring farm to the McGoohan’s, in the townland of Crucklaheen in Drumreilly parish. Boxty Mór recalled times about the young McGoohan as a chap tipping about. A fair shout, but given that we had to haul hay from Crucklaheen by horse and cart over 6 or 7 miles in the 1950’s, I have no fond memories of it, it’s denizens, characters, or anything else about it, apart from it being a curse of a place.
The oul’ fella eventually inherited the land there, (circa 20acres) about 1956 and immediatley sold it. I’d say he may have gotten €2k for it and promptly divided it among his sibling sisters. There had been “alleged” contrarion opinions about rights of way/occupation/tenancies and those natives ie: Drumreilly folk aren’t for tangling with, now or then. The funny thing is that they fell over themselves in years after, in trying to expunge their “opinions” once Boxty Mór had their legal measure…:pint:

Any further thoughts on a New Avatar @Boxtyeater ?