Calling My Clare Friends

I’ve a short break (two nights, probably Monday & Tuesday) coming up the week after next. Mrs. Kremmen and myself were considering heading for West Clare.

Where would be the best spot? Would The Armada in Miltown Malbay be a runner? I haven’t been down that way in years and just fancy a couple of nights on the Atlantic Coast. No interest in touring around, just somewhere to relax and get pissed/eat well for a little bit. No kids, just the two of us.

Advice please. Obviously the pub where @Faldo got abused for ruining the feng shui isn’t an option.

Might be a little far north for you but… Price Gregans Castle in Ballyvaughan for the crack. You might get a deal… Really nice spot.

Was advised by a friend before that the Santa Maria in Lahinch was “a fine spot”. It’s not.

There’s actually supposed to be a very nice lodge/b&b type place in Lahinch too that has won awards. Can’t think of the name, but shouldn’t be too hard to find.

€250 for 2 nights! I’d get a week in Spain for that.

Yeah bit late in the season for deals… The Falls hotel in Ennistymon?

Yeah, just had a look at The Falls. Looks nice and coming in at about a hundred notes cheaper.

:relaxed:is that place still going? Jesus the memories from that place make me laugh to myself.

What about the bell bridge in Spanish point?

Come to clare

I would go with The Falls too

Stay away from the falls…very old,rooms out of date Leak over then main entrance (last week anyway,I did point it out to them)bar is way too open and big,zero atmosphere in the place.staff lovely in it though…

Try Doolin area for something or why not go to Aran Islands and stay there? Take the car across on the ferry and drink drive on the island to your hearts content.

Easily done in north Clare too

Go to the Wild Honey Inn in lisdoonvarna, stay in one of the rooms overhead and eat there both nights

Vaughan Lodge, very good too but not as good as the recommendation above

hotel doolin is lovely

cracking grub

@Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen how did you get on in the finish? Most importantly did you find any good spots to eat/drink and less importantly did you do any good activities? I’ll be in the Lahinch area for the weekend. No idea what to do there or if it’s any good as there is such little sound recommendations for Lahinch on this forum. Also open to going in and around Milltown Malbay so if anyone knows good things round these parts let me know.

Lahinch eh?

o_O