Calling non historians that want inane tittle tattle about history

Did Cork take part in the War of Independence?

Dan Snows podcast “history hit” is involved in an expedition to the South Pole to find the wreck of Shackeltons ship Endurance. They’ve only gone and done it

1 Like
1 Like

So we can expect the Decepticons to arrive any day now.

1 Like

Dan Carlin has done a 5 hourer about the Atlantic slave trade.
If his series on WWI is anything to go by it should be good.

SCENES

I need to get on this podder

Worsley was some man.
Pretty much had the coordinates spot on.

1 Like

Anyone alive?

Yes, all of them

The good news story we were waiting for. It’s like when they found Captain America in the ice

I always knew Éire did her bit to help the Allies during The Emergency. What I didn’t realise was just how above and beyond the call of duty she went as a neutral country.

Shhhh, don’t fucking tell anyone

A very good account…

1 Like

I’ve developed an interest recently in the role of smaller and/or “neutral” European nations in World War 2.
Scandinavia, Netherlands, Spain etc.
There was some heroic stuff went on. And some horrific stuff too like some of the Dutch ratting out their fellow countrymen just for being Jewish for a few guilders per head.

I’ve always thought the Dutch are a less than admirable nation. They’d have been happy enough in the Reich you feel.

4 Likes

A nation of entrepreneurs

I’d say you are not far wrong.

More far right …

1 Like

https://twitter.com/IrishSmuggling/status/1670850216096931840?t=KoDnoOSlFc-DMI9PY-9XOg&s=19

I thought you might enjoy this thread @Fagan_ODowd. Waterford city has a fascinating history. I did a walking tour there last summer and really enjoyed it.

1 Like