Car trouble - honest appraisals only

Got it jump started this evening by one of the lads at work so alls well that ends well.

I was not amused by some of the comments here after i sought out advice.

I thought you handled those comments with the utmost class and dignity that you are well renowned for.

That was meant to read - I was NOT amused by some of the comments here. Post above edited.

take out the battery and leave it in the hotpress for half an hourand it will fully recharge pal…if u need it quicker than that then coat the battery in butter mixed with sugar …it should only take 15 minutes presumng the emersion is on and there´s no tea towels lying directly on the tank…

I might just shove the battery up your mothers arse altogether.

why don´t you do what you do best and just eat it …

That’s fucking perverted mate. Hooking a pair of jumper leads to her nipples would be one thing, a bit kinky, but shoving the whole battery up her hole… that’s a bit much.

Dunph give her a good auld spin now to charge up the battery

Her? Scumpot’s mother?

Glad to hear you got the jump Dunph

My car picked a bad time to give me trouble as I’ll be needing transport over the next few days.

Out today and had only gone about a mile when the car started making a rumbling noise then a few lights came on and the temperature gauge went up into the red and the car started slowing down.

I pulled over and stopped and left it for a couple of minutes. Started it up again and only one light remained on - drove it half a mile to a filling station and did a couple of things.

Firstly I assumed the light that was on was the oil light, no idea why I made this assumption, so I bought oil. I put that in and it seemed like it needed it, there was a bit of smoke coming from the place where the oil goes. Started it again and the light stayed on and only at that point did I realise that it wasn’t the oil light at all but an engine light.

Rang Omnikron’s Nut who knows a bit about cars and he told me to check the coolant. From what I could gather, coolant is the same as water and the same as antifreeze? Anyway I bought some coolant/antifreeze and sure enough that tank was completely empty. Poured it in and then looked under the car a while later and there was a fairly constant drip from the bottom. Drove home and it’s still dripping outside and engine light remains on.

Next post will be a picture of the underside of the car with the front wheel on the left of the photo. You can make out the fluid dripping on the bottom left of the photo. Not sure if that is the coolant and water I added or what but something definitely appears to be leaking.

Can this be easily repaired? Can I drive the car to a garage? Is there any way of getting this repaired online or without speaking to anyone? Is the car fucked?

[ATTACH]544.IPB[/ATTACH]

That photo is upside down. If you expand it and look at it upside down you will see the fluid streaming at the bottom of the picture, left of the the centre.

Need a new radiator maybe?

Is that the radiator that’s leaking yeah?

most likely it’ll be the water pump

Throw in a couple of raw eggs, it’ll get you over the next couple of days

[quote=“Rocko, post: 721059”]My car picked a bad time to give me trouble as I’ll be needing transport over the next few days.

Out today and had only gone about a mile when the car started making a rumbling noise then a few lights came on and the temperature gauge went up into the red and the car started slowing down.

I pulled over and stopped and left it for a couple of minutes. Started it up again and only one light remained on - drove it half a mile to a filling station and did a couple of things.

Firstly I assumed the light that was on was the oil light, no idea why I made this assumption, so I bought oil. I put that in and it seemed like it needed it, there was a bit of smoke coming from the place where the oil goes. Started it again and the light stayed on and only at that point did I realise that it wasn’t the oil light at all but an engine light.

Rang Omnikron’s Nut who knows a bit about cars and he told me to check the coolant. From what I could gather, coolant is the same as water and the same as antifreeze? Anyway I bought some coolant/antifreeze and sure enough that tank was completely empty. Poured it in and then looked under the car a while later and there was a fairly constant drip from the bottom. Drove home and it’s still dripping outside and engine light remains on.

Next post will be a picture of the underside of the car with the front wheel on the left of the photo. You can make out the fluid dripping on the bottom left of the photo. Not sure if that is the coolant and water I added or what but something definitely appears to be leaking.

Can this be easily repaired? Can I drive the car to a garage? Is there any way of getting this repaired online or without speaking to anyone? Is the car fucked?[/quote]

Will it pass the NCT do you think?

Jesiz, looks like it’s pissing out of there. From the pic looks like water pump… Almost certainly not radiator. As fast as it’s coming out you wouldn’t get far before it overheats again… maybe nurse it over to the garage if it’s close by. Be safer to have it towed though.
Depending on make and model, some water pumps are easy enough to replace. Some others are an absolute pain in the hole. You could do it yourself if you have the time and the tools, it’s not rocket science.
But you’re grounded until you get it fixed.
The raw eggs might work on a small hole leak in a radiator, but i doubt they would do much good on a leak that big.

:rolleyes: