Car trouble - honest appraisals only

Good reliable car KP, timing chain on the Engine so no costs regards changing a timing belt ahead of you. A good service history would help give some confidence in buying this tbh.
If it runs well on viewing, bodywork is good etc then i would see €9000 - €9750 being a fair price to pay at an auction with no warranty.

You can pick similar cars up at dealerships like the following with Warranties,

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Lexus/IS220/2.2d/6513377645023780/advert?channel=CARS

Bought the car in England.

it’ll rot to pieces early doors…it’s from all the salt the uk fackers use on t’roads…innit fackin’ sad, mite?

:rolleyes:

run a fucking mile from that yoke kp, the turbos on those things are shit, they are not like any auld yoke either that ever lad with a wrench can fix them, they are worse that saab buy a toyota, ford or even a vw (parts are pricy) at an auction something with plenty of dealers if something is wrong with it.

You will look like an awful cunt in it when your getting a few bags of nuts

[quote=“turfcutter, post: 721033”]

You will look like an awful cunt in it when your getting a few bags of nuts[/quote]

Kinvara is full of cunts like kp.

A fine car but auctions are rife with troubled goods.

Says the man from the arsehole of Ballinakill. One of the few places in Ireland where a man was eaten alive by fleas. Is the VW Vento is the car of choice up there still or did ye upgrade to the Bora yet?

:lol: :clap:

[quote name=‘Kinvara’s Passion’ timestamp=‘1352149040’ post=‘698185’]

Says the man from the arsehole of Ballinakill. One of the few places in Ireland where a man was eaten alive by fleas. Is the VW Vento is the car of choice up there still or did ye upgrade to the Bora yet?[/quote]

Your way off the mark there pal.

Derrybrien is where the fleas ate the man.

Gents, i got a tip off about 10mins ago that i left the parking lights on all night in my car. Went to start the engine but it was dead. How long is it likely to take to charge itself back up on its own without a jumpstart? Will need to drive it in about 3hrs.

If you have a charger put on charge right now and you’ll be grand in 3 hours, otherwise a jumper leads or a push start will sort it.

I have none of those things. Will it take long naturally…

Unfortunately, it cannot charge itself just standing there. If it’s a stick shift a push or a tow is the only way, or some neighbour with jumper leads.

:strokechin:

Dunph, ensure the bonnet of the car is open so as the battery is exposed to sunlight. If its a petrol car, it should charge itself up using the solar energy in about 2 - 3 hours. What colour is the car?

That is a weak effort lad :rolleyes:

Must do better

If the petrol tank is close to full, he will have to siphon at least half of it out first, as the added weight will prevent proper charging. The colour of the car doesn’t matter, not since about the late 90’s anyway, when they FTIGH became standard in all new cars. How old is the car Dunph?

Don’t be rollin your eyes at me, you gormless Tipp cunt

:lol: :popcorn:

That’s better Walsh

Ya mate… you just wait there and twill charge itself eventually.