Car trouble - honest appraisals only

A bucket of boiling water and some disinfectant. Give it all a good wipe down

Its quiet possible that your car has got a yeast infection. This could easily spread to you so I suggest you put plastic sheeting under you until you eradicate the problem. The damp mild weather has caused this.

A bit of canestan applied to the affected areas of the car should help

it could be a STI, left untreated it would spread like wildfire

dunph, did you ride any tramp in the backseat or in the boot in recent months?

As per chewy’s advice Dunph, boiling hot water with some disinfectant and a nail brush. Don’t soak the seats too much, just wet them enough to clean the mould off. The reason the mould is returning is the seats are not drying properly.

If you can leave the car running for a couple of hours with the internal heaters on full blast, with the windows slighty open too it should dry the seats properly and the mould won’t be an issue there after. The key is getting the seats dried properly is all, pal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr3AhbbA7Fs

an extension lead and a hairdryer would be a cheaper alternative

Just get the seats dried properly & the mould will not reappear Dunph.

http://cp12-eu.stablehost.com/~thefreek/board/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png

Too much info mate!

+1

why the fuck would anyone recommend leaving a car running for a couple of hours, ffs?

:rolleyes:

Pleb, to dry the seats maybe!

All these solutions may be too manual for dunph to manage, I predict he’ll just set the car alight.

why not hang the washing in it as well while you’re at it…jaysus!

What sort of disinfectant would you recommend? Might head to Halfords to see what they have.

There’s every possibility his housemate has been riding away in the car for a while now just to get some privacy and this fungus is a result of this.

Just a standard car fabric cleaner will do. Best of luck.

I presume it was the wet car that i left for a few days in the car caused it? Does the fucking thing spread? That was not what i had anticipated. I was hoping the initial small patch of mould i had would disappear itself if i ignored it.

You thick cunt, a child would clean leather seats :rolleyes:

Dettol is as good as any. Smells mighty too

Probably best to clean the whole back seat while your at it and once its dried properly you are sorted.