Career Change

Signing in… contract waiting for me again in September (Sept- July contract) but I can’t keep living from contract to contract. I love the teaching and tutoring but I need to move on with my life… Big problem is if I want to move into industry/private sector i’ll have to step back into entry level or there abouts… It will be tough but i’ll roll my pants up and get on with it.

4 Likes

Jesus. No wonder you’re so full of anger. Sudocream. And some of @PoisonousMisanthrope s new oil.

Pal, the day i’m not posting pure hatred and anger is the day you need to worry about me… This is a very exciting time in my life… the canvas is completely blank in many ways and the sky is the limit… I’ve landed a sales/marketing job today and i’ve two more interviews to come with applications in for a number of other jobs that i’ve a good chance of getting called for an interview for… watch this space.

14 Likes

I understand and am suitably happy for you. I was worried for a little while there but I’ll go back to aiming abuse at you as soon as possible.

You need a permanent job with conditions kid.

Contracts aren’t worth a fuck…VHI is when you’ve a family.

You need to make money and to be sure you are. You can always come back to what you want to do in time. You know

1 Like

This is it… Kids in the next couple of years… I’m fairly confident I’ll land something decent in the coming months but now it’s just about getting out there and just adding to the cv.

Honestly that’s good to hear kid…you’re in a grand spot there…make the most of your qualifications and don’t settle for a bullshit contract role.

I don’t know if I could hack corporate jargon tho…Brown bag meetings and town hall announcements

Course you can mate, mates of mine said the same about me years ago…oh you’lll have to change your haircut etc…

Hoenstly it’s about getting on with people at the end of the day…you’ll fly it…

1 Like

What kind of haircut do you have, kid?

A good fade kid ,half blade back and sides…looks well with a shirt and pants…

Its hard to do that

Put on a shirt and pants?

7 Likes

You’re the type of guy who could successfully turn his hand to anything. Good luck, pal.

3 Likes

That’s a nice post.

Best of luck, kid.

1 Like

There is no future in encyclopedia sales kid

3 Likes

Hope you left spud a few bob like you promised.

Cheers for the PM but I’m ok for broadband

15 Likes