Career Change

Horsebox is a harmless auld cratur

3 Likes

I don’t expect to enjoy my job, pal. I’d settle for being mildly indifferent to it. I’m nearly 10 years in the same organisation so it might simply be time for a fresh start. My pal is probably in a similar situation but he tells me he’s despised his job for the last 5 or 6 months. It’s become a real chore and it’s affecting him outside of work. He’s even become narky with people on the internet.

1 Like

Mate, I’ll throw you a few quid if you fulfill your promise and glass that cunt.

The very man.

Hurling journalism these days is terrible, cliched shite.

True.no badness in him at all

Whatever happened to @Thrawneen

The fat, scabby little fantasist spent a few weeks whinging about a site upgrade a year or two ago and then stopped posting altogether.

1 Like

God yeah, move around to your heart’s content.

Nothing worse than working in a place that you don’t fit with. Life’s too short for that shite.

If you (or your mate) want to go a different direction entirely though, do it carefully.

1 Like

https://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/campaignAdvert/34556.htm

A year or two in Riga might suit

Load of jobs here all over the world.
Beirut ?

http://web.worldbank.org/external/default/main?contentMDK=23158967&hlPK=8470978&menuPK=8453611&pagePK=8453982&piPK=8453986&theSitePK=8453353

Despite our early rocky relationship, myself and TSG are now actually good friends and can often be seeing together traversing the fields of Finally bringing his dog for a walk and just discussing life and sometimes our problems. A problem shared is certainly a problem halved with that prince of a man.

3 Likes

Does he have issues with custom officials?

No comment.

1 Like

I know a lad who goes all over the place with the World Bank. Some skite id say. He is in 60s and id say needs to bathe in jeyes fluid before he comes home. He’s in Africa at the moment. The bar is set low for who they will take!

2 Likes

Could do a lot worse than Riga. A front seat view when the Russians invade as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

Dead seriously. If your mate is a fully qualified and chipped accountant with no real ties surely you should get him to Google jobs in the Cayman Islands or somewhere like that. Savage lifestyle, no worries and you can buy a bar to watch the hurling in.

Maybe his friends mean too much to him to just up and leave.

1 Like

Maybe his friends should find him a job so.

1 Like

He has already said he has no friends

He said he has 7 friends he cares about along with Rocko and Appendage.