Career Change

Maybe I will never be all the things I’d like to be
Now is not the time to cry, now is the time to find out why

1 Like

+1 been there, grass isn’t always greener.

At 35, its difficult if in a relationship as kids maybe on the horizon which changes things considerably.

I am pretty sure he could establish something partime and possibly take a 1 year saabactical from the job but i wouldn’t resign my position in haste.

1 Like

I’d say it’s easy enough if he has some talent.

Some lovely and sage words on this thread. I’ll make sure to “feedback” to my friend.

1 Like

“He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life” Muhammad Ali

The one thing I’d say is that if you start working at something that you enjoy and are passionate about, there’s a good chance you’ll start to hate it as it will become the same monotonous work scenario that is currently pissing off your friend. Do it as a hobby or a side gig to keep up your enjoyment in it and if you can make a bit from it, well and good. It’ll also be a good gauge to see if you would like to do it long term as a career.

Just do it.

Doing what you enjoy really does change everything.

EVERYTHING.

1 Like

Not at all true. Thats just if someone does something they “think” they love bit actually in the end don’t.

And if that happens they should go again.

Whats with all the fear. We are such a fear riddled country.

1 Like

Post of the year.
Don’t walk away from a steady income @Bandage’s mate.
Draw the money and immerse yourself in something you enjoy.
I detest my job and every cunt in there, however I’m the union rep in there, they all think I’m a dedicated nutcase for the union movement…
Yeah right. The extra 5 weeks leave per year kinda sways my thinking. Get on to some scam like this ASAP if you’re bored.

1 Like

Does anyone really “love” their job?,I’ve a good job with good money and perks (holidays, health care,shares,flexible hours,)I don’t love it but I don’t hate it,there’s plenty of things I’d rather be doin(baling hay these days)but it won’t keep me in the lifestyle I want,and that’s what the lad with the big forehead has to think about

7 Likes

**[quote=“caoimhaoin, post:29, topic:22528, full:true”]

Whats with all the fear. We are such a fear riddled country.
[/quote]

Afraid of what mammy, daddy and the neighbours etc will think.
They lack the courage to create.

4 Likes

In a nutshell buddy :wave::ok_hand:

1 Like

Geez I covered not 1, not 2… But three silage pits this week @Massey. Work is only a hobby for me.
My real job is my kids and local club coaching and then giving the brother and neighbours a dig out when I can.
Fuck that career shit.
Turn up.
Draw the money. Good luck and thanks.

Ye jammy cunt,I was drawing in square bales for the father in law yesterday all day got a great colour on the skin,it won’t pay the bills though,silage being baled tomorrow I’ll have a day in the John deere with the young fella on Monday he fuckin loves spinning around in the tractor

3 Likes

My nearest and latest encounter with a square bale was to sit on one at a co-op open day last year, thank fuck.
The highlight of this week was to witness my auld lad tipping a load of dung onto the bottom of the pit with a john Deere loader while humming with his grandson ’ cake by the ocean’.
Hard beat.

2 Likes

for an easy start fire up a match report (1k words or so) on here of waterford v clare tomorrow, has to be in 45 mins after the final whistle, see how you go typing to a deadline.

1 Like

I’m not sure who likes driving around in the tractor,me or the young lad,I don’t mind gathering a few hundred square bales it’s good for the body and the brownie points with the in laws are unrale,their other son in law is a limerick townie,a nice lad but fuckin stone useless who wouldn’t work to warm himself

3 Likes

Those Limerick townies are the softest of the soft.
Let him cut the lawns at home while you do the proper work.

2 Likes

Cutting the lawn is a weeks work to this lad,meself and the father in law have to cut timber for him as well and bring it back to them and he has to be dragged out to help empty the trailer,a townie sure what would you expect

Nail on the fucking head

1 Like