Career Change

Seems a no brainer to leave so really especially if you aren’t overly close to anyone you are working with.

What’s keeping you there except familiarity?

1 Like

The boss is starting to panic. Advantage @Copper_pipe

If he is losing staff it looks terrible for his bosses and bosses boss.

He’ll be be hamstrung by hr for an out of band pay rise and will tell copper a load of lies

3 Likes

“if it was up to me…”

9 Likes

“I’ll get you the promotion and max pay rise in the next review cycle”

Next review cycle…

“The budget isn’t there”

8 Likes

'We’ll have more manoeuvrability for payrises in Q1"

2 Likes

Real meaning. “The budget isn’t there for you but there is an extra 25% budget for an external hire”.

2 Likes

Not a lot now that I think of it…

1 Like

You can become institutionalised, very easily. 'd have never left the place i worked for up on 15 years only for the job was made redundant. It was a super place to work and i was in terrific teams with great people. They made a shot of us redundant before christmas and then were taken over. I went back after 12 month moratoriun following redundancy but it just wasn’t the same place.

It can be daunting to leave but its your market copper. You’re a grand fella and will have no problem settling in to a place

1 Like

His love of Cork

Fixed.

7 Likes

let the boss do most of the talking, and have no fear of uncomfortable silences: he’ll want to fill them so may venture more information than he was willing to give

That’s the gas part. You could keep someone with a 10-15% off cycle but wouldn’t get it approved. No problem to put a new hire on the correct grid though.

1 Like

We’ve lost four of the six in my team since Christmas. Lads with 5-10 years company experience walking out the door and people with 3-4 years semi-relevant experience coming in on considerably more money. It’s absolutely nuts.

Jesus. You’re the lad they were carrying obviously.

4 Likes

You’ve reached the answer there yourself. To borrow from Buff - Out, Out, Out……
More money with possibly a little more responsibility but you’re moving upwards. You’re young and clever, thank him for everything and part on good terms for the fucker you piss on while on the upslope might just nail you on the other one.

3 Likes

You can do that from home.

How did things turn out with the girl who had a tendency to smoke cigarettes after? Did you get a chance to broach the issue with her?

2 Likes

Say nathing. Hand in the notice and tell him what you want. Works.only once tho