Cars

First day in mechanicing school should be devoted to spelling ā€˜brakesā€™ correctly

5 Likes

Polish

Funnily enough a polish guy told me never trust a polish mechanic. Dunno if thereā€™s any basis for it.

1 Like

There is shocking value out there in that People Carrier / SUV segment at the minute chief. Especially in AWD/4WD.

Iā€™m assuming this wonā€™t be the main household vehicle?
If so, have you considered a Pajero or Landcruiser in passenger?

as in no value?

Had a scan through carzone & Donedeal and I saw nothing that stood out value wise. Shocking poor pick of them too imo.

1 Like

I had a Moldovan :moldova: mechanic for years
No issues
V much cheaper and more reliable than the local yokels

Serge
Still in business on the Ballinrea rd
Past the cemetery

Know a few decent Irish ones aswell but tbh know 2cunts in cork who need a batin

Like dentists or doctors you learn from experience whoā€™s good or average or awful

1 Like

Meanthewhile

1 Like

A small car is the only job to drive in a big European capital city.

1 Like

Any European city really. The car parks are for small cars only really. The Golf is the perfect size for European travel.

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t believe how narrow the streets and parking spaces were in Lisbon. Not many BMW or Audi saloons about the place

1 Like

Bring back the Cinquecento

2 Likes

I remember going over to Barcelona for a music festival nearly twenty years ago. I couldnā€™t get over the way they parked. Every car bumper to bumper. You werenā€™t getting out of a space without getting a few scratches and dents. Nobody seemed to give a fuck. Mainly hatchbacks. We might be a bit too precious about the car in this country.

5 Likes

The Cuntagetinta

4 Likes

Driving a big car in Europe is such a waste. Unless youā€™ve a long motorway journey maybe, and even then just get the fecking train. Either in a city or on a tight, winding hill road, a small yoke is your only man

I went looking for a parking space in Split, Croatia one night a few years ago. I was in a Suzuki Swift but the roads there made me feel like I was driving an arctic lorry.

Found a little alleyway that looked a little like a lay-by, with cars parked along both sides of it. It was tight as fuck to drive up it but I figured there must be a space up there. Not only was there not a single space, there was also no exit at the top. I reversed about 200 yards, in the dark, with about 6 inches of space either side of the car to come back out. Most stressful bit of driving Iā€™ve ever done

13 Likes

Iā€™m disappointed my white Fiat Uno in Paris quip was ignored and garnered one like.

This place is just royalist quislings and Marxist agitators now.

What was the joke?

Princess Dianaā€™s death.

He was reaching.