Celeb Spotting 🐐

Who: Andrea Roche
Where: smoking area of Jury’s Croke park last Sun
Famous for: Showing herself as a spoilt cunt during an interview with 2fm
Wearing: Disappointingly Andrea was wearing jeans with a kind of blouse thing that came down past her hips. She was also sporting high heels which without them I’d say she’d be tiny.

Andrea caught my eye when I noticed her checking me out as I was taking shelter outside the bar of Jury’s while having a fag. A number of times before returning to the minor match I noticed Andrea taking inordinate interest in yours truly.

Other: Andrea has very skinny legs, not gone on skinny legs to be honest

I hope you didn’t ask her any difficult questions.

Andrea Roche isn’t interested in nobodies like you, mate.

Sound out

Who: Sybil Mulcahy, presenter of “The Morning Show with Martin and Sybil” and “Xpose” on TV3
Where: Main St./Newtown Avenue, Blackrock, Co. Dublin
When: Friday September 9th, 2011, circa 7:20pm
Demeanour: Sybil was waiting for me to speed past before crossing the street.
Any other business: She was plastered in make up and would definitely not get it.

Who: Ger Canning
Famous for: Bad commentary
Where: O’Briens sandwich bar, Midway Foodcourt, Portlaoise
When: Saturday September 10th, 2011, circa 3:00pm
Wearing: Canning was wearing black shoes, a navy suit pants, a smart blue shirt and a v neck style navy jumper over it
General notes: I barely noticed Canning coming in, he was quite sheepish looking. The women went about their business in the usual fashion and i have no doubt hadn’t a clue who he was. He had a fair idea of what he wanted and went straight for the counter. I watched carefully what he ordered because i wanted to write a good report here, he got a coffee and two scones. He’d to go back for strawberry jam soon afterwards. He was heading the same direction as me, Shelbourne Park, where he would read from a script later that night. Canning sat in the wrong allocated seating area, he sat in subways section. He was reading the Examiner as i left, might have been more on his line read the Sporting Press…
Other notes: I paid €6.45 for a three layered sandwich with ham salad, egg etc. I believe they might have called it a club sandwich. They sparingly threw a few hunky dorys on the side of the plate. I also boought tea for €2. Jesus but we are being ripped off over here.

Bandage, adjucation matter please. I spotted Paul Kimmage earlier along Westmoreland street less than half an hour after he had been on iTalk sport live this morning with Eoin McDevitt. He was obviously on the way from leaving the studios. Does this count as a spot or not?

Obviously a spot

Who: Shane Horgan

Famous for: Rugby footballer

Where: Thomas St, Dublin

When: last night Sept 11[sup]th[/sup] - 8pm approx

Wearing: black shoes, jeans, bright white shirt

Other notes: I was walking down Thomas St yesterday and a flashy 2010 Lexus pulled up beside me and out jumped a confident looking Horgan. He then quickly made his way into the Tesco Express. Unlike most other Leinster players, I believe Horgan owns property and lives in “da Liberties” area of Dublin’s inner city. I have spotted him in the Francis St area before more than once but may not have logged it here.

There is no reason why this would not be a spot if recorded in the correct manner.

Who: Paul Kimmage
Famous For: Former professional cyclist, current journalist, author of Rough Ride, and regular annoyer (is that a word?) of Lance Armstrong, Floyd Landis et al
Where: Walking along Westmoreland street near the Fleet Street junction
When: Yesterday circa 1.20pm
Wearing: Jeans and a top / shirt of which I can’t remember the details
Notes: I was on a bus heading towards Drumcondra. Before departing my living quarters I had been watching iTalk sport Live on Setanta with Eoin McDevitt. Kimmage had been on the show just after Vincent Hogan talking about doping in sport and in particular in tennis. I then noticed him walking along Westmoreland street in the same clothes roughly 35 mins later. This all made sense as I believe the Setanta studios are close to Mac Turcaill’s pub which is only a short walk from Westmoreland street.

Sounds like Paul was off to the Camogie Final. [quote=“Mac, post: 10470”]
Who: Paul Kimmage
Famous For: Former professional cyclist, current journalist, author of Rough Ride, and regular annoyer (is that a word?) of Lance Armstrong, Floyd Landis et al
Where: Walking along Westmoreland street near the Fleet Street junction
When: Yesterday circa 1.20pm
Wearing: Jeans and a top / shirt of which I can’t remember the details
Notes: I was on a bus heading towards Drumcondra. Before departing my living quarters I had been watching iTalk sport Live on Setanta with Eoin McDevitt. Kimmage had been on the show just after Vincent Hogan talking about doping in sport and in particular in tennis. I then noticed him walking along Westmoreland street in the same clothes roughly 35 mins later. This all made sense as I believe the Setanta studios are close to Mac Turcaill’s pub which is only a short walk from Westmoreland street.
[/quote]

Must be a great moment when a spot comes together like that Mac?

Live spot of Gary O’Brien from ATR in Fáilte bar in Killarney.

Gary joined the Killarney Celtic supporters club to watch this evening’s game

cock

Who: Former Olympic boxing gold medalist Michael Carruth.
When: Sunday 18th September circa 1pm.
Where: The Vaults Bar, Connolly Station, Dublin 1.
Wearing: Jeans, Dublin GAA polo shirt.
Demeanour: Calm, composed.
Other Notes: Michael was watching his beloved Celtic in The Vaults, home venue of Naomh Pádraig CSC, before presumably walking from there to Croke Park for the subsequent All Ireland Football Final. He sat at the back in the corner and watched the game intensely but in a quiet manner.

I also saw David Kitt in The Baggot Inn between 10pm-11pm but I won’t note this as a spot as he had been playing a gig there earlier and I think this would fall under the ‘at work’ rule.

Former New york Mayor Rudy Giuliani,Finbarr Fury,Jimmy Magee,Mick Dowling,Michael Healy Rae.All at various stages yesterday.

I have to say I am very disappointed by the amount of celeb spots posted after the All Ireland final, other than Bandage’s excellent Carruth spot, there’s nothing really there.

Sid, surely you have something to share when the smoke clears from your hangover, sometime in October?

WHO: St Kilda, Ireland and Kerry footballer Tommy Walsh, his lesser known brother Barry John and injured Kerry footballer David Moran
WHERE:Jurys Hotel Dubln
WHEN:Sunday pre All Ireland Final
DETAILS:All three were enjoying a few bottles before heading across the road to watch the game. Tommy sported a “Cooperman” tshirt, while Barry John had one on extolling the virtues of Eoin Listons beard. David dressed far cooler, declining to show any County colours.

WHO: Intercounty footballers Pauric Joyce, Dermot Earley, Seamus Moynihan
WHERE:Jurys Hotel Dubln
WHEN:Sunday pre All Ireland Final
DETAILS:All three were enjoying a few bottles before heading across the road to watch the game. Joyce and Earley were quite dressed up while Seamus chose to wear a simple jeans and tshirt number. The tshirt was green.

WHO: Dublin, Ireland, Manchester United, Sporting Gijon and Blackburn footballer, Kevin Moran
WHERE:Outside Croke Park
WHEN:Sunday post All Ireland Final
DETAILS: I didnt get much information on what Kevin was wearing as we were milling out of the ground post game and Kevin, like ourselves chose not to hang around to what we felt wasn’t going to be too memorable a speech anyway. Kevin wore a brown jacket of some nature and walked with a real spring in his step, joshing with his companion, another man of his own vintage.

WHO: Forum favourites Billy Keane, Mick Galwey and Paidi O Sé
WHERE: The Palace Bar Dublin
WHEN: Sunday evening
DETAILS: Paidi was quite well on and ended up receiving some assistance as he attempted to make his way out from the bar after a large amount of drink as he either chose to move venues or called it a night remarkably early. Billy arrived around 9 or 10 with a big smile on his face as I was exiting for a smoke. I did a small double take as I drunkenly recognised the stupid head on him which made him smile all the more in a “yes it is me” kind of way at which point I was sorry I didnt spill my pint on him. Gallimh was holding court inside the door with some more of the Kerry jubilee team taking pictures with any number of attractive young ladies who crossed his path.

You forgot Sporting Gijon