Celeb Spotting 🐐

Not spots as they currently stand but should you decide to report them in the correct format then I’ll let Duffy and Corr through.

I have never heard of Dick Warner and Puyol was at his place of work.

ffs

Are there any canals in Leitrim?

Noted farmer. However I believe the formatting required for a spot had become as stultifying as iambic pentameter and I prefer to use a more modern freestyle approach.

Puyol was not a spot as he was driving into work in his Audi A7.

Warner is one of Irelands most distinguished broadcasters and has made the magnificent Waterways series. I acknowledge however that he wouldn’t be widely known amongst followers of low culture and general low brow types.

Who: George Hook
Famous For: RTE Rugby buffoon and Newstalk presenter
Where: Bistro One, Foxrock
When: Yesterday evening circa 7.15pm
Notes: George was out for a meal with his wife sitting just past the bar in the corner. I remarked that it seemed quite early for him to be out as I thought his radio show only finished at 7pm. Must look up if he was on air or not yesterday. He was wearing a blue shirt and I was too far away to hear or see what he ordered. He did seem in jovial form however.

“The lovely Ingrid” as he is inclined to describe her.

Hook was not on air. Philip Molloy was covering.

Thank you Fagan. How was Chapter One?

Chapter One was top notch as usual. The Maitre D Martin was on his best wisecracking form. Scallops, stuffed rabbit and rhubarb dessert were all top notch and washed down nicely by a daycent Barolo. All in all I could have few complaints on such an inclement night.

Going for dinner in Chapter One on a Tuesday night. You must be loaded O’Dowd?

Two things to note here farmer. First it was someone elses treat and second it is impossible to get into Chapter One at the weekend.

Ever eaten at the chefs table in there Fagan? (or anyone else?)

Duly noted.

So how much do you earn?

No Mac I haven’t.

That’s a very ungentlemanly question.

Who: Tom Doorley
Famous For: Being a restaurant critic, tv star and a noted bon viveur
Where: Harcourt Street, Dublin 2
When: Today around 1:30pm
Notes: Tom is quite a tall, rosy-cheeked man. That’s about it.

I’m going to disallow this. This bloke isn’t sufficiently famous enough to be deemed a celeb.

Link ok’d Leo Dowling from Fair City as a spot. I would argue Tom is a proper celebrity. He’s appeared on The Restaurant, a primetime RTE show 10s of times. He’s known by any reader of the Paper of Record. I’ll battle with all my might for this to be deemed a spot.

This thread is going from bad to worse.

Paulo Tullio has been spotted on more than one occasion and was always deemed a spot. Tom Doorley was also spotted twice and was deemed a spot in those instances as well