Celebrity Deaths - 2017

I was thinking more in terms of our reformation friends. Isn’t Kilkenny full of black proddies like @fran ?

Bracken was brilliant. The first few years if Glenroe were excellent also.

The Howard’s in the Riordans were Church of Ireland.

Was Niall Toibin’s character just in Bracken or was he a crossover character betweenness Riordans and Bracken? Watched an episode of Bracken online a few years back. Dinny and Miley were just back from navvying over in London :clap::clap:

Dick Moran was a right boyo

1 Like

I remember the controversy (? Probably not the right word) when Biddys mother (Mary?) was the victim of domestic violence. It was one of the first times I can remember that televsion, at least home produced tv broached an unspoken ill in Irish society. It was quite a moment for the country.

It was a watershed moment, we now have gays, lesbians, trannies, threesomes, abductions as the norm on tv

Most people know a Protestant family tbf

Yes we knew Protestants in Bunclody.

Jack Boothman (RIP) was a protestant.

I know people from Adare

Was Benjy written out of the series by going out to Africa on the missions? Different time, diffent plots…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gawO4V_VB64
From recollection it was actually filmed in Kells ( Co. Kilkenny) with any of the pub scenes in Kilkenny being filmed in Tynans

That would explain the Protestants so.

2 Likes

@Fagan_ODowd is correct, it was filmed in Dunboyne, Co Meath. Went to college with a lad whose claim to fame was that most of it was set in his granny’s house and surrounding land.

Believe it or not the reason was that Dunboyne was closer to Dublin and they had to process the film quickly.

TNH.
Sure they could have emailed it to Dublin you big eejit.

1 Like

Willie John Daly RIP

1 Like

Same me the hassle of googling it, who is/was he?

Carrigtwohills finest.