Celebrity Deaths 2022

Warne seemed a great character ā€¦RIPā€¦

One of the few cricket players i could name. Transcended the sport as they say. Seemed good craic. Hopefully he went out with a bang

1 Like

Ah Jesus, thatā€™s a shock.

One of those larger than life characters, where that saying actually applies.

+1. He didnā€™t give a fuck

1 Like

He was the only interesting thing about cricket that ever happened

1 Like

RIP Shane. Did he bang FOTF Liz Hurley?

The love of his life

2 Likes

Aside from the irish lads and the english lads youā€™d see on tv Flintoff etc Iā€™d say i would struggle to name a cricket player from the rest of the World, bar Warne and Brian Lara.

Most irish lads who spent time in Australia in the late 90s early noughties would know all the Aussie cricketers of that era. massive stars out there. Cricket is the game that unites the country with no AFL in Sydney no rugby league in Melbourne. Glenn McGrath, Steve Waugh, Adam Gilchrist, Brett lee and warnie the most famous of them. A fierce larrikin.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll bet youā€™ve heard of Geoffrey Boycott though.

2 Likes

The only lad I could remember. Also youre man bracken, the Irish lad who declared for England and iirc it caused a bit of a furore round these parts

This is cricket now :man_shrugging:

Was that not rugby, Kieran bracken?

Sacha tendulkar
, imran Khan

You read comics in the 80s
Youā€™ll remember Viv Richards, Imran Khan, Ian Botham, etc

I have heard of Imran Kahn although more for his career as a politician

Yeah read comics. Iirc but I think rotr used to divert to the cricket duri g the summer. Ive nothing against cricket. I just dont like it and have absolutely zero interest in it.

Wasnt there an Irish lad who actually captained England for one or two games in the cricket?

1 Like

Eoin Morgan, he won a World Cup as captain I think

1 Like

A nation in morning.

RIP Shane.

2 Likes