Celebrity Deaths 2022

Yeah i was just doing the aul Google search on it there. I think there was a bit of discontent rou d these parts about it

He took the queen’s schilling alright but in fairness, twud be like playing for shamrock rovers and getting a move to Real Madrid

1 Like

Ed Joyce first, then Eoin Morgan.

Joyce switched back to Ireland afterwards.

3 Likes

Boyd Rankin as well.

2 Likes

Descendant of JK Bracken

Very interesting, I was reading on his wiki page that jk brackens son was minister for information in the conservative government in Britain during ww2 :hushed:

2 Likes

Jk is buried in Tankardstown graveyard Kilmallock. A few yards from my people.

2 Likes

That is a new one on me. An interesting family alright

1 Like

I read about that a few years back. He’d a fair few falling outs in his own area (including some accusations of nepotism) and took up and left for Kilmallock a few years before he died

Edit: I’d say above post from @Alan-partridge covers it

1 Like

Frank O’Farrell, only Cork man to manage Manchester Utd. Aged 94

1 Like

Only one Cork man has managed ManU? That’s extraordinary considering they’ve been around for so long.
RIP anyway :man_shrugging:

1 Like

An interesting character. Churchill’s right hand man. Rumoured to be his partner. Often made big decisions during wartime when Churchill was inebriated. Set up the Financial Times as well. TG4 did a good programme a few years back that is often repeated.

2 Likes

120 years in fact. Only wan Irish manager. They tend to go for Scottish managers possibly because of their parsimonious mindsets.

So Far…

The David Moyes of his time.

R.I.P

2 Likes

Hard to believe the 150th aniversary is only 6 years away.

He went out on a high.

1 Like

*allegedly

Be some shock if he didnt.

Rumor has it he was on a massive weight loss binge also.