Celebrity Deaths 2022

Itā€™s a sticker, but I do actually have one to add now you mention

If you count England Scotland Wales and NI as separate that brings me up to 22.

1 Like

Wales isnt a country

5 Likes

NI :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Iā€™m at 28 myself with a toe on every continent.

@Phil_Leotardo , you must have a serious number up at this stage.

1 Like

I know I should know this but is NI any different to Wales in that regard, or Scotland

Lovely piece from Colm Oā€™Callaghan

Never been to Africa, Asia, Australasia or South America. Never been South of the Equator. Was supposed to go to Zambia in 2020 but Covid scotched that.

16 in Europe
2 in Africa
1 South America
3 in North America

Had Russia and the Gulf lined up at Easter 2020 but it went to pot. Once got refused entry to Costa Rica on a work trip and had to traipse back to Dublin with my tea in my mug.

Asia and Australasia hold little appeal to me.

Were you not dressed for the occasion?

I made a right green horns error in one way. Had to go to Brazil for a week and as I was over that side of the world I said I would head onto Costa Rica to the facility there as I was that side of the world. Did all the logistics, went to my doctor and checked if I needed any inoculations etc and Doctor said I would be fine.

Of course didnā€™t realise that the vaccine requirements when travelling from Brazil to Costa Rica are far more stringent than when travelling from Europe. As I didnā€™t have my yellow fever shot I was turned back in Sao Paulo airport. Had to fly home from there.

1 Like

Went to St Petersburg in 2019. Glad I saw it when I did. Fabulous city. Wanted to visit Moscow and Stalingrad and the Volga and the Black Sea but obviously wonā€™t be doing any of that now.

Moderately interested in going to Japan and possibly Vietnam.

Japan is class, my favourite place in Asia.

Good TV show (well,.itā€™s decent enough if a little slow to kick into gear) called Tokyo Vice which gives a good insight to some.kf the intricacies of life in Japan. Worth a look if interested in Japan at all.

2 Likes

I had a fairly roaster friend who went to Japan for two weeks on his honeymoon. Was mad to get a run down off him and the only thing he went into any real detail on was how by the 5th day he was sick of eating fish for breakfast

2 Likes

23 Europe
12 Asia
5 Africa
3 North America
8 South America
Australia & New Zealand

8 Likes

Me and the Mrs were arsing about Asia for a couple of months, mainly floating between Malaysia and Thailand. She said ā€˜letā€™s go to Vietnamā€™. I wasnā€™t too bothered but glad we did, highlight of our trip because of the people.

24, 27 if you count UK as 4.

Yeah I really liked Japan.
Didnā€™t like China at all.

1 Like

A regular Alan Whicker.

2 Likes

Awful news about Cathal Coughlan, Iā€™m in shock.