Celebrity Deaths 2022

Probably Vladimir Zelensky on the Ukrainian version of TFK.

Eddie Butler :disappointed:

5 Likes

Jesus 65 is no age

My heart, i thought it was Vol. Eddie Butler, former member of the PIRA and long-term guest of Her Majesty’s prison service…but thankfully it’s not.

2 Likes

A great commentator

Heard that earlier 65 is no age. He was a great commentator.

1 Like

Eddie and Brian were a fine combination

2 Likes

Would have always felt he was a lot older, a great commentator indeed.

3 Likes

One of the good ones.

2 Likes

That is desperately sad news about Eddie Butler. Comfortably the greatest of the “younger” generation of sports commentators. A rich, deep, wonderfully musical voice that always invited you in to share the world of rugby, especially Welsh rugby, which has an enduring place in my heart. Such a welcoming voice. I remarked recently on how Wales v England at the Millennium Stadium is rugby’s greatest fixture. I find it difficult to imagine it without him.

13 Likes

I loved the way he pronounced ‘ Dusautoir’.

11 Likes

That’s terrible news. RIP Eddie. He was a brilliant broadcaster and journalist but it gets a bit overlooked that he was a top quality Number 8 as well for Pontypool, Wales and a British Lion in New Zealand in 1983.

I saw him in the flesh for the first time in the England v Wales game at Twickenham in 1980, the day Paul Ringer was infamously sent off inside the first 15 minutes. That was one of the most bad tempered, mean spirited test matches ever played. He was terrific that day as 14 man Wales nearly pulled off a most unlikely win.

6 Likes

Anything in the Millennium Stadium is a great occasion. France New Zealand in the 2007 World Cup quarter final is one that sticks in my head.

2 Likes

Paul Ringer. That’s a blast from the past

Lovely words from Brian

5 Likes

I was at that, it was brilliant

1 Like

An iconic moment in sport. Rip.

5 Likes

The last time I crossed the Severn Bridge, I counted three ‘Justice for Paul Ringer’ messages.

Ellisalde hairing down the pitch with time up celebrating before kicking the ball out was one great moment.

This was shown earlier this year by BBC. It’s about Wales’s Grand Slam of 2005. It’s savage.

2 Likes