Celebrity Deaths 2022

RIP.

When the Italian soccer highlights was in the newly rebranded Network 2 you’d look forward to seeing him link up with Mancini every week.

RIP

1 Like

RIP Gianluca Vialli.

One of my favourite players growing up.

There was a good scene during the Euro’s when Mancini brings him in a cake for his birthday a few days before the final & all the team are sitting down for dinner. GV gives a speech & the tears are flowing.

We were blessed to watch those scenes growing up. Those stadia. Those players. Those kits. Simpler times. Such beauty. The commentary. The sounds. The hair. Everything. Football seems so sterile now in comparison. That was beauty. Luca was beautiful. Him and Mancini up front for Sampa. That jersey. To think that it was Roberto who lead City to the title all those years later. It was meant to be for this young chap.

4 Likes

Very sad, RIP

The story of that Sampdoria win is lovely too. 90-91 season. Italy was the place to be.

2 Likes

A proper baller. RIP

Has there ever been a more iconic bald headed footballer?

His teammate Attillo comes close.

Roberto held the hair like a lion.

1 Like

i dont think so, but a good 2nd place

3 Likes

Attilio Lombardo was another iconic bald headed footballer.

Lombardo was balding as opposed to bald.

2 Likes

Some player.

I’d say he was balding since his early teens.

An increasing amount of 1990’s footballers gone too early.

Gary Speed, Dalian Atkinson and now Vialli. RIP.

Seriously, you have to watch this video, dont skip past. The scenes!!! And wait for the end and Lombardo and Vialli!

RIP Luca. A class act.

1 Like

He shaved his head before that which was unheard of with a footballer at the time.

Never knew he was ill even. RIP Vialli.