Celebrity Deaths 2023

dont forget bringing in produce from apartheid SA and then suspending the shop workers who refused to handle it.

1 Like

That’s one of the biggest blots on Dunnes copybook in fairness.

2 Likes

I don’t think there was any need, I hadn’t made any real comment on Ben Dunne other than ‘he wasn’t the worst’

My dad was born and reared in the area and would have remembered when the Dunnes lived there, he told us that Mrs Dunne was a nice woman, she must have done something to earn that respect in a very working class area, salmon fishermen were the mainstay at the time in that area.

Apologies, these ridiculous attempts at oofts from people who can’t read had me on edge

Are we happy to say that the Dunnes are responsible for large parts of cork becoming a cesspit?

People love cheap meat and cheap food.

I hate cheap meat.

1 Like

They are still like this. Every conceivable way they can cut the arse off a supplier they will - including requesting a fee for the privilege of being on the shelf of Dunnes Stores.

Hello money

Still standard practice

Is that not what instagram is today re influencers and products?

I don’t know - is it?

100 percent
His whole gang are obnoxious
People are treated like shite by jumped up management
In most stores,
Incidentally I speak from personal experience going back yonks as my mate had total maintenance contract for Dunnes Munster
I worked for him over a 2 year period,
What I saw wouldn’t be allowed happen today in Dunnes or any other store,
I know of one cunt who gave such hassle to some drivers that this particular cunt ended up being fucked into a truck,shrink wrapped, stripped and abandoned in S Armagh,

• Dunnes Cork didn’t raise any hackles
    Langer got home within 36 hours a changed bucko,
    No Ruc/ AGS involvement
    He got a sharp life lesson,
    Same prick held up drivers on purpose from the north
    Putting others ahead constantly- harassing same northerners time and time again,
    Some of these were trying to make ferries etc
    Obviously caused extreme distress and pressure,
    Well one guy had enough-
3 Likes

Terry Venables

3 Likes

RIP

Another from the youth has gone.

Another one I strongly associate with November 17th, 1993 gone now.

1 Like

The great Tim Vickery had a good take on Terry Venables I think. He saw him as maybe the most talented English coach of the modern era, but as somebody who got sidetracked by Cockney wide boy stuff that undermined his career.

2 Likes

Oh that’s sad. A good guy, great coach and manager. A renaissance man if you will.

2 Likes

A huge personality as well.

All gone now (maybe not the cake lady)

1 Like

Very likeable man RIP