Celebrity Deaths 2024 (90 or younger)

@ChairmanDan just rang me to tell me the sad Alex Salmond news. He pointed out the odd coincidence of both Donald Dewar & Salmond passing away on days Scotland were playing Croatia, 24 years apart. Two titans of post devolution jocko politics irrespective of one’s own politics, as CD said.

2 Likes

Pity it wasn’t George Galloway.

Former Ireland and 1959 British Lions captain Ronnie Dawson.

Liam Payne from One Direction

There’s obviously a whole lotta history there

He had a Snapchat up 40 minutes ago too. Mental stuff if true.

Fell out of a hotel window according to cnn

His ex wife was starting legal proceedings against him according to my missus who is an authority on all things celebrity

From the third floor of a hotel in Argentina. Sounds like he’d had enough. Pretty sure he was the one of them that decided he couldn’t hack the life anymore and went out of the limelight.

Just goes to show. All the money in the World is fuck all use to you

1 Like

He was well known to be struggling with a drug problem. He got a lot of criticism for being an arsehole but it’s hard to expect a lad thrust into superstardom like he was to turn out normal.

Did he not have a kid with Cheryl Cole?

Smashed up his laptop in hotel lobby and had to be brought to his room. God knows what happened after that - poor divil

The music industry chews you up and spits you out.

Very sad. I can’t think of anything worse than being famous. Even mildly famous.

3 Likes

Absolutely, I’d say it’s a pain in the arse everyone knowing who you are and watching you.

Cowell will fall over himself chief sympathising

The other 4 will clean up on the reunion.

Horan has done remarkably well to be so well grounded all told.

That lad Payne was groomed by Cheryl Cole too.

Worse than that, Naomi Campbell