Celebrity Deaths 2024 (play either flank of a back 4)

Ha! Says the lad constantly referencing memorable matches and sporting events before he was born!

3 Likes

You’re wasting your time talking to that deranged lunatic pal.

1 Like

You’re a total laughing stock at this stage, buddy. The David Icke of the forum.

Yeah but I actually know what I’m talking about. Whereas @Kyle is a sloganeering simpleton.

Not at the time in Northern Ireland and in fact it was probably deliberately provocative.

I’m all for it now though when things have settled down.

Pearse supported World War I and celebrated blood sacrifice.

That the 1916 Rising involved murder is a simple historical fact.

You prefer to get your history from fairytales.

It was widely seen as a progressive move. Some Provos didn’t like it. So what?

Vat on Kids shoes about 40 years ago and some shite about being a Royalist is my take on it.
I thought he was ok,a bit of a cartoon character at times but he did the country no harm.And im no fan of the Blueshirt brigade,I might add.
Unlike the present incumbents.

By who?

By the majority of Irish society. It was seen as an act of friendship which fostered better relations between Ireland and Britain at a time when diplomacy was very important in setting the groundwork for peace negotiations.

1 Like

Do you have evidence of this?

Bruton will be delighted he was still alive to appreciate Shamrock Rovers FC doff their cap to the royal family :clap:

2 Likes

I was alive at the time and remember it.

Ha! Almost Kev-esque.

The 1916 Rising crowd were a mob of blood thirsty murderers.

Bruton went on jolly to England around 2014 giving talks about the terrorists of 1916 and how Ireland could have gained a level of independence without violence…

That’s some scene… A former head of state bending the knee to the former colonial master and attacking the foundations of the very state he was once head of… for a pat on the head.

6 Likes

Bruton is twice the statesman and person of the current Taoiseach and FG leader. R.I.P.

2 Likes

Varadkar sticking it to the Unionists and Brits re Brexit was much more admirable than anything Brutal did.

I’d agree. One thing Varadkar isn’t, is a cap doffer. Bruton, Enda Kenny, Noonan were desperately needy cunts who wanted nothing more than to be given a pat on the back by their supposed betters.

2 Likes

Pretend outrage on behalf on Northern nationalists from the same fella who now eats out of the palm of the hands of the English far right. :joy:

1 Like