Celebrity Deaths 2024 (play either flank of a back 4)

The Dev approach :joy:

Bruton was an utter cunt. That’s fact.

Sad for his loved ones but it’s hardly shocking that he’ll be called a cunt.

You’d hardly not call Hitler, Putin, Thatcher or Michael D a cunt on death?

4 Likes

Steady on ffs.

Old Ireland is on the way out judging by some comments on here.

Social Media has a lot to do with it

You can’t buy class I guess.

Correct - he tried but he couldn’t.

We’d still have the troubles if it was left up to the likes of John Bruton RIP

2 Likes

Paisley should have got a mention there - no?

1 Like

In 2009, actor Ethan Hawke wrote a guest story for Rolling Stone about this wild verbal altercation that went down at Willie Nelson’s 70th birthday concert back in 2003.

Hawke was a guest at the party, as were a number of other celebrities including Elvis Costello, Wyclef Jean, Norah Jones, Shelby Lynne, and Paul Simon.

Keith was bursting onto the scene with songs like “Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue,” and “Beer For My Horses,” featuring Willie Nelson himself.

Of course, Keith falls about as far right on the political spectrum as you can get, and Kristofferson, who’d been best friends with Willie for years, was… not.

So, the night of the concert, Keith (who Hawke actually didn’t name in the article, but referred to as a “star who had a monster radio hit about bombing America’s enemies back into the Stone Age”) walked past Willie and Kris who were standing together, and told Willie “Happy birthday.”

But he then made a snarky remark to Kris, saying:

“None of that lefty shit out there tonight, Kris.”

Needless to say, Kris didn’t take to kindly to Keith’s remarks, and responded:

“What the f*ck did you just say to me?”

Willie knew Keith had just struck a nerve, saying:

“Oh, no. Don’t get Kris all riled up.”

Keith proceeded to say:

“You heard me.”

And began to walk away.

Kris responded:

“Don’t turn your back to me, boy.”

Keith:

“I don’t want any problems, Kris… I just want you to tone it down.”

Kris, a former Army Ranger and helicopter pilot, said:

“You ever worn your country’s uniform?

Don’t ‘What?’ me, boy! You heard the question. You just don’t like the answer. ‘Have you ever served your country?’ The answer is, no, you have not.

Have you ever killed another man? Have you ever taken another man’s life and then cashed the check your country gave you for doing it? No, you have not.

So shut the f*ck up… you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.”

Kris then told those nearby:

“You know what Waylon Jennings said about guys like him? They’re doin’ to country music what pantyhose did to finger-f*ckin.'”

2 Likes

What specifically is John Brutal so despised for on TFK

1 Like

No need pal. No need at all

For me he nailed his colours to the mast at a very precarious time in the Irish peace process by inviting over Prince Charles, fawning all over him and raising a toast to Queen Elizabeth among the full glare of the cameras. He was the Taoiseach.

By all accounts that was how he conducted his business during the peace process also. I think in later years he wanted us to rejoin the Commonwealth.

3 Likes

Been a hard couple of months for him with ben dunne gone as well

1 Like

Tributes to be paid to Prime Minister Bruton in Parliament tomorrow. Business will then be suspended for the day as a mark of respect.

The country truly has lost a political colossus and a statesman.

2 Likes

I know fuck all about Bruton, I think I lost all those years, I was stoned all the time.
Would anybody have considered it a progressive move to invite Charles? 1995 wasn’t exactly 1981

1 Like

His shoe tax was an abomination.

He hated northern nationalists .

He very much wanted to be British.

He fawned over the royals

He almost made a fuck of the GFA.

3 Likes

What was wrong with that? It was a positive move.

It wasn’t Pretend IRA policy.

How would you know? Were you even born?

Is there any actual evidence for this?

What actual evidence is there for this assertion?

Martin McGuinness fawned over the Royals. Michelle O’Neill fawns over the Royals.

How could he have almost made a fuck of the Good Friday Agreement when it didn’t exist while he was in Government?

I’m no fan of Bruton but your post, as usual, is utter scutter.

1 Like

If i recall he lambasted the boys of 1916 around the centenary, called them blood thirsty and murderers or something along those lines… He reckoned independence would have been won without the rising and war of independence :joy:. He was so desperate to placate the tans that he completely skewed any understanding he had of that period .

2 Likes