Celebrity Deaths 2024 (play either flank of a back 4)

She had some connection with George?

There was a posh one called Fiona who was George’s niece.

I think Terri was a daughter of Mick Kileen - the guard?

Father Dick Byrne in Father Ted was obviously modelled on Dick Moran.

1 Like

A rugby head in Wicklow. Say no more.

5 Likes

Terri was a Tan for definite- that’s why I thought George. The Fiona wan married the vicar who was also called George

He played the country rugby toff to a tee. I knew a fella just the same ilk when I was growing up.

RIP.

4 Likes

Terri was a local girl, daughter of Mick the Garda sergeant
She must have been in England for a while though, she had an accent alright.

Dick was knocking Mary when she was married to the old fella in the very early episodes

3 Likes

He was some swordsman and done some damage in sleepy Glenroe. The actor Emmet Bergin is a brother of the lad who roughed up Julian Roberts in sleeping with the enemy , Patrick bergin who reckoned that role ruined his career.

1 Like

Patrick Bergin, the joint drunkest man in Lucky Bags pub, Kilruane when Liam Mccarthy and the AI Camogie cup visited in September 2001. An honour he shared with Mick_Jones

19 Likes

Dick was a sound skin by all accounts and got absolute dogs abuse in real life for the behaviour of his character in glenroe. RIP

1 Like

No, Michelle was a nice girl. She wouldn’t do that.

The great M Emmet Walsh has passed away. A definite 33%er. Bladerunner, Critters, The Jerk, Ordinary People, Blood Simple, Fletch, Raising Arizona, My Best Friends Wedding, Romeo and Juliet, Knives Out, A Time to Kill. etc. legend.

3 Likes

I just know him from Knives Out and ATTK. Terrific performance in Knives Out. RIP.

I would say definitely my favourite Glenroe character. Mostly because he didn’t give a fuck and had this suaveness about him. Poor auld Mary though, she’d be cooking the dinner and he’d be off riding Terry.

I loved Blackie Connors, you could see he was trying to integrate and better himself. I never trusted that Cunt of a brother though. A right old school tinker was Johnny

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1770574806317969903

Foley’s fire eaters have lost their leader

RIP Louis gosset jr

Gunnery Sergeant Sir!

One of the last roles I saw him in was Hooded Justice in the excellent HBO Watchman, a real menace and gravitas to him even then

That MC5 album was very much of its time. I don’t think it holds up well today.