Celebrity Deaths 2024 (play either flank of a back 4)

Yes, 1975. Ireland went to Cardiff last round where a win would have retained the Championship they had won in 1974 for the first time outright since 1951. Wales won 32-4. Willie John McBride last cap.

Is it true Willie John McBride was originally known as “Big Bill McBride”?

Eire goalkeeper Jim McDonagh suddenly became Seamus McDonagh. Tommy Carr tried to become Tom Carr but that didn’t work. The “John Giles” thing never really took off either.

I never heard tell of him as anything other than Willie John.

1970’s rugby was the pinnacle. It’s obviously got bigger and faster and professional, but it was never as good as it was then.

1 Like

Rugby was a game meant to be played by amateurs.

1970s rugby was great for a lot of the same reasons 1970s football was great. Five Nations stadiums were seething cauldrons. Anything could happen on the pitch.

2 Likes

Not a celeb.

1 Like

It’s like jumps racing really. Ruined by money and professionalism.

Apollo Creed not even cold and they are trying to throw some random Welsh rubby fella in on top of him.

3 Likes

Barry John was one one of the most famous rugby players of all time. Retired at 27. Wonderful talent.

The lads are mourning a fictitious sports star mate, have some manners

1 Like

Doesn’t even sound like a real name

What a pathetic comment, zero class but sure when you lay with dogs…

1 Like

I thought they were on about the Kerry footballer at first.

https://twitter.com/raiders/status/1753808481835245812?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Indeed :joy::joy:

Are you offended on TFK on behalf of Carl Weathers, I’d say you’re the type of lad who takes wrestling seriously :smiley:

Making light of the recently dead with laughing emojis, the edge Lord in you is despicable at times.

This is priceless :joy:

Indeed it is, your regular virtue signalling mask has fallen flat on the floor here for all to see, it’s shameful.

I’ll send a bouquet of flowers to the Weathers family to make up for it

Jesus you’re a strange old chap :man_shrugging:

I wonder did Apollo Creed have any Cork family heritage. Very Cork sounding name.

I assume most lads with the surname would have been branded Apollo Creedon when the occasion suited