Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

My most nerdish piece yet:

http://thecelticview.com/wp/the-c-factor-weighted-average-relevant-goals/

:o

Good God.

Lads, are Aberdeen much good and are they capable of having a big season in the SPL next season? Thinking of backing them at 10/1 in the SPL ‘without Celtic’ market, have been told it is worth a bet…

Anyone? Thought there were SPL followers here???

i dont think aberdeen have finished 3rd for a good while

motherwell and hearts seem to be the best of the rest

i wouldnt be that clued in on the rest of the SPL though

McGinn and Hayes are decent signings for them but I’d agree with TASE that Motherwell, Hearts and Dundee United would be the main contenders.

Simon Cox eh :lol:

The Irish guy who hates Ireland laughing at an Irish club being linked with an Irish player. What a surprise. He has no interest in Celtic of course. None at all. They’re irrelevant to him.

Im laughing at Glasgow Celtic being linked with Simon Cox mate. Sorry if that wasnt clear.

Have taken the 10’s. Wonder how long it will last…

First game of the season at Celtic Park kicking off in a few minutes versus Norwich.

[font=Arial]Zaluska; [/font]
[font=Arial]Lustig, Rogne, K. Wilson, Izaguirre; [/font]
[font=Arial]McGeouch, McCourt, F.Twardzik, Samaras; [/font]
[font=Arial]Commons; Murphy[/font]

[font=Arial]Subs: [/font][font=Arial]Forster, Wanyama, Matthews, Hooper, Bangura, Forrest.[/font]

[font=Arial]Link here:[/font]
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/132033/1/watch-celtic-vs-norwich-city.html

Kelvin Wilson hopelessly outmuscled by Whittaker there.

Smashing piece of commentary by little Gregor on Celtic TV. :clap:

“…the team formerly known as Rangers.”

Two good efforts there from Commons and Lustig.

Just can’t see any good in Murphy at all.

Playing well enough now. I think Lustig has done well going forward - more with positive runs off the ball than anything but it’s given us a bit of an outlet there. Rogne has done well inside him and the five midfielders have been generally impressive.

Great chance for Sammy there after a terrific run and pass from McGeouch.

Celtic are playing decently enough tonight under Johan’s watch. Neil is in Iceland to watch Reykjavik taking on likely opponents next week HJK Helsinki. Great to see Sammy back terrorising defences in a Celtic jersey after his wonderful exploits with Greece in Euro 2012. :clap:

What a pass from Paddy there. He’s had a decent run in pre-season now, hope he can keep his fitness up.

Holt wins it for Norwich against the run of play.

Forster limping a bit which isn’t good news at all.

We look to be sharpening up ahead of next Wednesday. Thought Rogne was much better tonight and Samaras was very prominent. Everyone else looked a fair deal sharper and I imagine the likes of Ledley, Mulgrew and Brown will come back in against Inter on Saturday. Hopefully Forster’s niggle isn’t anything too serious - Zaluska was already taken off with a nasty eye cut.