Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

McGeouch has played well in the first half.

Not sure what the story with Watt is - he might have played with the development squad in Sunderland today.

Yeah Watt and Keatings played up front in that development game. Keatings scored and Watt hit the post.

That was a wonderful block from Wilson.

Didnā€™t see the second half. Heard McGeouch picked up a serious looking injury - turns out he broke his jaw.

I was keeping half an eye on it. Earlier challenge with Sahin and he got an awful belt. Seemed to be unconscious and there was a long delay.

Benzema got a good goal for them and we just saw the game out really. Rogne appeared to be struggling with his hamstring at the end too.

So weā€™ve picked up four potential injuries in the shape of Stokes, Murphy, McGeouch and Rogne. When is Ki due to rejoin the squad bhoys?

McGeouchā€™s injury was a collision but I feared muscle injuries with this game coming so soon after Wednesday nightā€™s European game and the travel not allowing sufficient time for rest. Rogne wasnā€™t meant to start but was drafted in for Stokes - he went down after around 85 clutching his hamstring but played on after getting it stretched out.

Neil said that Brown, Forrest and McCourt have all had injections and wonā€™t feature in the SPL next weekend but should be ready for the first leg against Helsingborgs IF.

A tweet from Sahin: [s]@[/s][b]DMcGeouch[/b][font=Arial] get well soon my friend, i am so sorry, fingers crossed![/font]

Jordan Rhodes scored a good goal on his debut for Scotland tonight.

I see he expressed a desire to move to Celtic yesterday. I think he is exactly the type of player we need at the minute.

Yeah, seems to tick the boxes. A penalty box striker with finishing ability, good physical attributes, decent movement and an aerial threat. Itā€™s a ā€˜yesā€™ from me. I think heā€™s better than van Persie actually.

Linked with Zigic today. Think itā€™s just probably lazy journalism as he fits the ā€œtarget manā€ prototype and is available but heā€™s on huge money and looked to be on his way to Spain.

I was about to post that if weā€™re looking for a beanpole to play up front we could do worse than look at TraorĆ© - big Ivory Coast striker who played for Cluj who is only 21. Turns out he joined Anzhi for ā‚¬18m a couple of months back. Probably out of our price range so.

Josh Thompson expected to go on loan to Portsmouth this week.

Traore really caught my eye when he played for Cluj against Roma a couple of years ago, he gave Burdisso and Juan an absolutely torrid time. Zigic is a dreadful footballer, I despise circus freaks like Crouch and Zigic - fuck off and play basketball. Iā€™d be hoping weā€™ll go and make a substantial bid for Rhodes if we qualify. Iā€™d also be willing to let Ki go to finance some moves in the wide areas as well.We could get Mackay-Steven and Templeton for about Ā£2m and then use McCourt in a more central area. I think we should cut our losses on Bangura right now, heā€™s injury prone and has looked really shit in his time here.

Bangura, Murphy and Ki out.

Rhodes, Russell, Mackay-Steven and Templeton in.

Would the latter three be eligible for CL if we qualify given their Europa League involvement thus far?

Each club can register one player who has played Europa League in the Champions League and vice-versa as far as I know. Theyā€™re only eligible from group stages onwards. If we only made the Europa League then theyā€™d all be ineligible.

Rumours of Kiā€™s departure growing stronger this evening. Ā£6m + add-ons to Swansea seems to be the rumour.

Still canā€™t make my mind up about him. I like his style, I like that he gives us something different but would he have made a difference in open play against Ross County - heā€™d have been a better deep playmaker than Wanyama anyway but I think we find it hard to draw teams out in the SPL and sometimes itā€™s a playmaker further up the pitch that we need. And in Europe weā€™ll always put a destroyer in there either instead of him or alongside him.

I guess it all comes down to what we would do with the money. A decent centre back (not from England*) and a good striker or even a genuine #10 who could allow Hooper or Stokes to stay in the box more.

• Just thinking of all the mediocre centre backs that go from SPL to EPL or the other way around. The defending in both leagues is of a poor standard.

Also worth mentioning the first decent thing the SPL have done in a while:

their own youtube channel with match highlights each weekend: http://www.youtube.cā€¦ser/splofficial

Highlights are postedā€¦

Saturday matches:

UK & Ire ā€“ From 1800 on Sundays.

Rest of World ā€“ From 2200 on Saturdays.

Matches on all other days:

Worldwide from midnight on the day of the match.

I think we need to sell Ki and bring in some funds. We have too many central midfielders in any case and could do with getting a striker in as well as some wide options and a centre back. I see the likes of McCourt and Commons as more central players. Any news on the injury front for Tuesday? I think Brown and McCourt were scheduled to make it while Hooper was most likely being preserved for this game.

I think Forrest was expected to make it as well - he, Brown and McCourt all had injections with the European game in mind.

Mjallby has confirmed that Ki is not travelling to Sweden. He is keen to move on and Celtic are in discussions on a transfer.

On balance it seems the right Cal. Rightly or wrongly heā€™s a squad player who isnā€™t that much more important than when he first arrived. Should provide the funds for some decent investment anyway.

Robbie Koren eh bhoys?

Weā€™ve agreed a fee with Swansea for Ki