Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

Is Ambrose not a centre half?

He’s more recognised as a centre back but he can play midfield too. He came on for his debut on Saturday in midfield.

Thanks for clearing that up, chief

Another blackout by Celtic tonight. Looks like they’ve really clamped down on people streaming Celtic TV feeds. So we’re likely to only be able to see games if they’re being televised by a foreign channel enabling someone to stream from a non-Celtic TV source.

1-0 Celtic…Hooper.

1-1

2-1 Hooper.

Found a link:
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/143042/1/watch-celtic-vs-raith-rovers.html

Lovely finish by Hooper for his hat-trick goal. McGeouch to Matthews and his reverse ball into the inside right channel was beautifully tucked home by Hooper. McGeouch and Ambrose playing very well indeed and there’s the 4th for Hooper! :ireland:

Looking pretty sparsely populated tonight.

McGeouch with the ball into the box for the onrushing Kayal and his effort was parried by the keeper and Hooper knocked in the rebound. Nice move for the second goal just before half time too - Ambrose flicking it over his opponent’s head in midfield and sliding the ball down the left to Forrest. He went by the right ball and his lovely floated crossed on the run was slammed home by Hooper. Ledley returns from injury to replace Kayal after an hour.

Didn’t see the game but some positives in terms of personnel involved and Hooper scoring 4 can’t do him any harm.

A good exercise tonight for the players coming back from injury and Ambrose too. McGeouch was very impressive and was involved in 3 of the 4 goals - clever play and good pace and timing of the pass too. Obviously difficult to judge at home against Division One opposition but Ambrose looks like a talented player. Mobile, strong and comfortable on the ball too - his skill and pass to get the move going for the second goal stood out. Kayal was less impressive but still fairly decent - looks like he’ll need a bit more time to get back to his best. Ledley replaced him after an hour and was busy and prominent. Forrest and Hooper looked sharper - Hooper took all his goal very well and Forrest and McGeouch were threatening out wide. Forrest had a great effort off the post at 4-1. Watt was outshone by Hooper tonight and replaced by McCourt after 70 minutes or so.

Third Division Sevco are about to dump Motherwell out of the League Cup. Next round is fixed for Halloween - surely Celtic drawing these zombies would be very appropriate.

Any more thoughts on Efe Ambrose’s debut last night? I know it was only Raith Rovers but he reminded me of a black Yaya Toure. A stunning debut and you sense he can play centre back, holding midfield, midfield or attacking midfield. Has all the skills. :clap:

Effe Ambrose most certainly is NOT a center half

He certainly seems to have played at centre back a fair bit based on youtube videos of him.

I read on the Metro this morning that Lennon was at the All Ireland Final on Sunday and they seemed to suggest he wants to bring McGuinness on board in some sort of capacity. First of all it’s the Metro so I’ll take it with a pinch of salt. Secondly, what the fuck? Sports psychology is he biggest load of horseshit I have ever encountered. Just because McGuinness can get a couple of dullards to train hard at their hobby for a year or so doesn’t give it any credence. Professional footballers are superstars and will look down on this guy with disdain, quite rightly so. These sports psychologists are even bigger frauds than physios.

Bhoys, is today’s top of the table clash televised?

I don’t think so but should be well streamed apparently.

That is scandalous.