Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

:strokechin: Hmmm…

He is not inconsistent and is the most naturally talented player in the Irish and British Isles. If McCourt was brought through in Italy he would be a superstar.

Christ, we were hopeless today. We didn’t really do anything. We passed it badly and at a slow tempo too. Brown usually sets a tempo for the team with his drive and aggression and we missed him. We didn’t move it with any incision or drag them out of their defensive positions. A load of possession in non-threatening areas really. Commons has a free role in this formation and we struggle when he’s off form. Miku offered absolutely nothing either. Forrest doesn’t impose himself on games enough when he starts and we didn’t create much at all. Hooper should have scored at 0-1 and Watt, who did well when he came on, should have scored at 0-2. But there was nothing much other than that.

Thank you. I disagree.

Ah here.

I expect better from you.

What do you make of Mulgrew in midfield, bhoys? I know he started at the back today but he played the last hour in midfield again. Very versatile obviously and was great last season but I think he should play at the back or be on the bench for the most part. That said Kayal is way off his displays of his first season.

Yeah I think he can do a job there when required in an emergency but he’s more capable at the back or even wide in midfield. He doesn’t pass the ball quickly enough, always takes a couple of touches the way Robson used to.

Agreed on Kayal he was very disappointing again. He should be capable of increasing the tempo and moving the ball through midfield but he was static and passive today.

I was a bit disappointed with the changes today, not with who came on but the fact that we withdrew Commons and Miku. I have a lot of time for Matthews but he was poor today and had nothing to do in the second half. Three at the back with wing backs would have been better and I’d like to have seen Commons stay on, even though he was playing poorly.

How’s effie ambrose getting on at center half lads? i presume he broke Cillian Sheridan in two yesterday

Kayal’s gone a bit soft since the huns smashed him up a while back i think, he married some arab cracker as well a while back who hates glasgow apparently, she’ll fuck up his celtic career

Anthony Watt starts tonight. :clap:

[soccer]
[gk]Forster[/gk]
[rb]Lustig[/rb]
[rcb]Ambrose[/rcb]
[lcb]Wilson[/lcb]
[lb]Izaguirre[/lb]
[rm]Brown[/rm]
[rcm]Wanyama[/rcm]
[lcm]Ledley[/lcm]
[lw]Commons[/lw]
[rst]Hooper[/rst]
[lst]Watt[/lst]
[/soccer]

Subs: Zaluska, Kayal, Mulgrew, McCourt, Matthews.

Surprised to see Brown play. Thinking may be to give him game to loosen out his hip again before giving him rest at the weekend ahead of Barca next midweek.

Fairly strong team otherwise. Will post a link if I find one.

Here we go:

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/149876/1/watch-celtic-fc-vs-st-johnstone.html

COYBIG.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 671231”]Here we go:

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/149876/1/watch-celtic-fc-vs-st-johnstone.html

COYBIG.[/quote]

Yep that one working for me

All match links have died.

Back now just in time for Commons to smash one home.

Missed it. :guns:

Commons with his second right-footed finish and this one was a lovely goal. Hooper picks it up in midfield, sweeps it wide to Brown who shifted onto the overlapping Lustig. Low pass inside to Hooper again was it(?) and he slipped in Commons who fired home.

That is a wonderful goal. :ireland:

Wonderful.

Hooper wide to Brown, on to the rampaging Lustig, cut back dummied by Watt to the arriving Hooper whose threaded pass is rifled home right footed by Commons.

:clap:

My stream went for that third goal but sounded like a cracker.

Another great goal. :clap:

Hooper this time.

Big switch by Wanyama, his pass touch volleyed forward first time by Izzy to Commons whose drilled cross from the left was slid home by the onrushing Hooper.

:clap:

Mulgrew on for Hooper it seems. Better not be injured.