Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

I hope it’s a full back that McCourt is coming on for. They’re both redundant in the way this game is playing out.

Penalty for Kilmarnock.

lennon out!!!

Izzy was beaten really easily there.

Commons off for McCourt.

Describe the penalty incident please. Having problems with my link.

Lennon’s refusal to use Anthony Watt is the biggest selection disgrace at Celtic since Balde was shunned under Strachan.

Can’t remember who was brought down but he picked the ball up out on the right and about 30 yards out. He dragged the ball inside and beat Izzy so he took off towards the edge of the box on a diagonal with Izzy in pursuit. When he got to the edge of the penalty area he was confronted by Wilson so he kept going right across the face of the goal. He went to shoot, though it would probably have been blocked, and Izzy kept running and clipped his heel just as he was lifting back to shoot.

Watt coming on now…

Miku off for him.

Miku getting abuse for walking off and applauding the fans. He hurried up then when he got roared at.

He is a sorry excuse for a footballer in fairness.

Izzy goal disallowed for offside. McCourt and Watt both making a positive difference.

He wasn’t great today but I didn’t think he was poor. We have been awful at passing the ball, as bad as I’ve seen from us in some time in midfield.

Watt misses an absolute sitter. Wonderful turn and pass from Hooper to Forrest. Cross reaches Watt at the back post and he smashed it over.

Forster is a great keeper but another aimless long punt forward there caused us problems because he backed away from the ball instead of moving forward 2 yards to play it.

Bastards have cost me 150 notes here. Had them with Ulster -8 and Schalke.

Watt is an outstanding player, he is self-sufficient up front and even if we aren’t playing well will cause the opposition problems with his work ethic and tireless movement. The best striker at the club by a fair distance.

I’ve seen enough of Miku in a Celtic shirt to say I called it right when he signed, a very poor footballer who has no strengths. Think we should return to sender in January and show some amibition and go out and actually BUY in a striker, one that might actually fit the criteria we need - haste ye back Stokesy. McCourt should always start home SPL games as he has a composure and creative presence about him on the ball and he should be deployed in central midfield.

We also need another wide player as we only really have Forrest and Samaras (not sure McGeouch is ready yet).

Is McCourt not an incredibly inconsistent and limited footballer?

No.