Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

Mark Wilson crying during his last ever game for Celtic last week:
https://p.twimg.com/AseA3opCAAEq13H.jpg

Bless his cotton socks.

Mark Wilsom. :clap:

Kelvin Wilson has been linked with a move to Leicester City in todayā€™s papers. I would give this transfer my blessing.

Wouldnā€™t stand in his way either. Good recovery pace to bail himself out of some of the errors he makes but hasnā€™t shown much more than that. Donā€™t think heā€™s physical enough really. Wouldnā€™t write him off completely but there are better defenders out there.

[font=tahoma][size=3]Jay Rodriguez[/size][/font] Burnley [font=tahoma][size=3]Striker (22 yrs old) [/size][/font]Ā£3m
[font=tahoma][size=3]Garath McCleary [/size][/font]Nottingham Forest [font=tahoma][size=3]Winger (24 yrs old) [/size][/font]Ā£0
[font=tahoma][size=3]Maor Melikson [/size][/font]Wisla Krakow [font=tahoma][size=3]Attacking midfielder (27 yrs old) [/size][/font]ā‚¬3m
[font=tahoma][size=3]Markus Henriksen [/size][/font]Rosenborg[font=tahoma][size=3] Central Midfielder (19 yrs old) [/size][/font]Ā£2.5m
[font=tahoma][size=3]Christian Atsu Porto Winger (20 yrs old) LOAN[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]Leon Best Newcastle Striker (25 yrs old) Ā£2m[/size][/font]

Pawel Brozek has left Celtic and was bitching about Lennon not giving him a chance today - clearly the guy was shit - a ridiculous signing.

Neil is going to announce what players will be leaving in the close season in the aftermath of Sundayā€™s game. :ireland:

I presume these will be players whose contracts wonā€™t be renewed as opposed to those he will try and offload.

Lennn has said weā€™d be willing to pay up to Ā£4m for a player this season if we felt he was right, he also talked about Fraser Forster and his agent making his permanent transfer difficult. Elsewhere weā€™ve been linked with Dundee Unitedā€™s Paul Dixon, who is out of contract this summer, would be decent back-up for Izzy I feel and allows us to use our funds on more urgent matters.

[font=tahoma][size=3]Jay Rodriguez[/size][/font] Burnley [font=tahoma][size=3]Striker (22 yrs old) [/size][/font]Ā£3m
[font=tahoma][size=3]Garath McCleary [/size][/font]Nottingham Forest [font=tahoma][size=3]Winger (24 yrs old) [/size][/font]Ā£0
[font=tahoma][size=3]Maor Melikson [/size][/font]Wisla Krakow [font=tahoma][size=3]Attacking midfielder (27 yrs old) [/size][/font]ā‚¬3m
[font=tahoma][size=3]Markus Henriksen [/size][/font]Rosenborg[font=tahoma][size=3] Central Midfielder (19 yrs old) [/size][/font]Ā£2.5m
[font=tahoma][size=3]Christian Atsu Porto Winger (20 yrs old) LOAN[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]Leon Best Newcastle Striker (25 yrs old) Ā£2m[/size][/font][font=tahoma][size=3] [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma][size=3]Paul Dixon Dundee United Left back (25 yrs old) Ā£0[/size][/font]

It also looks like Hamburg will be signing Artiom Rudnev for ā‚¬3.5m. Very disappointed we were not in the mix for this type of player.

CALLING THRAW

What kind of fee will Huddersfield be looking for Jordan Rhodes in the summer? Iā€™m just after discovering he is a Celtic fan and with the likelihood of CL football on offer, then surely that would make us favourites for his signature this summer as long as we arenā€™t priced out of it by Huddersfield.

Just looking at the likely seedings for the CL draw in light of Lennonā€™s comments that itā€™s a big ask to qualify - which irked me. We will be seeded in both rounds of qualifying and should be raging favourites to qualify, if Lennon fails to then massive questions should be asked of his management.

A source of mine from a Glasgow suburb informs me that Celtic have pulled the plug on this deal due to Fojutā€™s knee injury. The signing was subject medical etc etc.

This has been confirmed. Lennon says weā€™ll now be in the market for two centre backs, the Daily Record are reporting that Leicester want to pay Ā£3m for Kelvin Wilson, although Lennon says he wants to keep him. :o Sell! Sell! Sell!

It also looks as if Garath McCleary is off to Reading.

Definitely in the region of Ā£5m because heā€™s in contract for another two years and we donā€™t need the money because our chairman has plenty. If we go up however I could well see him stay. Heā€™s a gem of a lad and hasnā€™t looked to assess his options on the sly, as far as I can tell, even in January when the papers were full of talk of him being snapped up. I think heā€™d fancy a season in the Championship and then go for his move. I think he realises he owes his career to us somewhat after we took him when Roy Keane discarded him and turned him into a top class striker. And he really is fucking brilliant, heā€™d score at any level.

I can exclusively reveal that Celtic have made a GBPĀ£3m bid for Rosenborgā€™s 19-year old midfielder Markus Henriksen. The Norwegian club are considering Celticā€™s offer.

Arrivederci Ki. :wave:

I can exclusively reveal that the Ā£3m bid was in fact for Artjoms Rudnevs, who actually joined Hamburg, rather than Markus Henriksen.

Lennon reads TFK shocker. :o