Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

Did you not agree to give him a reprieve after Spartak away for a certain period of time? :lol:

in fairness its hard for lennon to keep players up for league when they are still in champs league…they know they´ll win the league pulling up…was it around this time last year when celtic went on that ridiculous run until near march?..

To answer your question - yes.

But after seeing the shit that has unfolded this season I am seething, he’s been extremely luck during his time here and it is Steve Kean’s time.

He has picked Hooper and Commons on a regular basis this season despite both being out of form (and not very good) when we have other options in their positions. We’re playing some dreadful football at the minute - as bad as it was under Strachan - only with a much more talented squad.

I think we’re lacking guile and creativity. Simple I know but today we also lacked somebody to dribble past cunts. Sammy did it a couple of times and McCourt too when he came on but it was invariably knocking the ball over and back in front of them. Forrest would help in that regard when he returns. We should be doing way better in the league alright. 7 goals at home is awful.

Neil revealed today that Emilio Izaguirre has returned from his hamstring injury ahead of schedule and should be available for Saturday’s cup encounter with Arbroath.

No new injury worries for tomorrow’s live ESPN clash at Tynecastle.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle joined Celtic at the top of the SPL tonight after their 3-2 victory at Aberdeen.

Two points separate the top six teams in this most competitive of leagues.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 671367”]Inverness Caledonian Thistle joined Celtic at the top of the SPL tonight after their 3-2 victory at Aberdeen.

Two points separate the top six teams in this most competitive of leagues.[/quote]

It’s astonishing really how the competitive league hasn’t blunted us for Europe. You look at teams like Barcelona and how they’re strolling their domestic league so can rest players for Europe. We’re in a cracking battle on two fronts and still in great shape to get a pair of runners up finishes.

Fat Gary Hooper and Fat Kris Commons start tonight against Heart. Lennon is an idiot.

:lol:

Hooper put Celtic 4-0 up

Huh?

We have four better strikers than him on our books, yet he he plays pretty much every second he’s available for.

The referee, Willie Collum, was a thundering disgrace tonight. Hun cunt. That penalty for Hearts. Fucking hell. Scumbag. Cunt.

Can somebody who watched last night’s game sober let me know if that was a valid penalty for Hearts?

If it was at the other end, I’d have been screaming for it Bandage

[font=verdana]Zaluska; [/font]
[font=verdana]Matthews, Rogne, Ambrose, Chalmers; [/font]
[font=verdana]McGeouch, Brown, Wanyama, Ibrahim; [/font]
[font=verdana]Watt, Miku[/font]

[font=verdana]#Celtic subs: Forster, Izaguirre, Lassad, Kayal, Hooper.[/font]

[font=verdana]Surprising to see Brown in there again but presume they know what they’re doing with him. Good to see Watt, McGeouch, Chalmers and Ibrahim all involved and Rogne will be needed for the bench midweek.[/font]

[font=verdana]McCourt is presumably injured again.[/font]

Don’t think there are any links available today unfortunately.

+1. Nice to see Izaguirre back in the squad too. Looks like Forrest won’t be ready for midweek now anyway also.

We are one up, OG.

Arbroath have equalised at Celtic Park.

A trip to Gayfield Park in store now after today’s draw.

The own goal involved one of their players drilling a clearance off another lad’s back and the ball flying back into the net.